Solum unavailable (Live Servers)

Like the title says, can’t connect to Solum. “Waiting for world data…” Sat in Sanctuary for a while before taking the second portal to Therka. Lietty managed to get to Aquatopia, but now she is just repeatedly crashing.

Edit: I can now take some Solum portals, but can not open one to our base Serenity Valley.

An entire section of the planet just isn’t loading.

1 Like

Is this okay now? If not, you may have to check the size of the data.mdb folder found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata…\local\chunkcache. If it’s really big, trying deleting to see if it’s make a difference.

It looks like there is an incompatibility with the local cache when you play on Testing and then go back to Live.

I play on Solum and was online this AM (5am - 6am EST) and was able to play fine. I went mining, went to Aquatopia and even went shopping.

1 Like

This file path doesnt exist on my pc

It’s a slightly truncated pathname. After opening the userdata folder, you may only see one folder, or you may see several, so you just need to the select the one associated with your character name in game. You may come across a few folders, so you’ll probably have to check which is the most recent date modified folder, but the file should be under a pathname like local -> chunkcache -> data.mdb.

1.15GBs too big? :grin:

.mdb files have a hard limit of 2GB in size, so 1.15GB should be ok.

If I remember rightly from my time doing PC support 17 odd years ago, they don’t reclaim used space very well either, so once they reach that limit they’re stuck. Usually you’d use a compact and repair tool on them, but I don’t know what effect that would have with the game accessing them.

@Eldwen is the game stored on your main operating system drive? also, how much space do you have left on that drive? If it is, it could be possible that the Windows 10 page file is eating space and preventing your Boundless cache from getting any bigger.

@michaelb are these true access database files? If so, you could try splitting them out into separate per world databases and link the tables (although I have no idea how you’re using them!)

Could get kind of massive in the long term though with more and more worlds!

1 Like

actually after playing on test, then back on live servers, solum is broke to me to. But I just watched someone run through the blackLight portal to aquatopia. but to me it just reads loading data.

So I did the whole delete crashcache dump and rebooted everything. And I am still locked out of Solum from any portal. Since I played test its really screwing with my game now. I actually would like to have help with this since I am not a programmer and this is game breaking to me.

World. Exe has crashed, lol.

Getting the same errors. Game will play for maybe 10-15 seconds and then crash. Most of the time I can’t even leave the sanctum…

Yesterday evening I could enter Solum through any portal apart from portals to Aquatopia. They simply wouldn’t load. I thought it was weird and I saw players going through Aquatopia portal from Plaza while I sat there for minutes and nothing happened. Now I see I wasn’t the only one having trouble with Solum.

I’ve had an issue with portals being unable to load, but usually it was because there were too many open portals and I had to back up a bit to get some of the other portals to close. This would allow the portal that I wanted to use load successfully. This time, I wasn’t having any issue until I played on the test server. Switched back to the live server and the problems started.

I haven’t had that issue before. We are talking Plaza here and any portal I get close to loads within seconds. On a bad day might be close to half a minute. But here it was stuck for minutes with bar at maybe 19%. Funny thing is that I tried to enter Aquatopia from two different settlements that I knew had the link there and they didn’t work either. It was clearly Aquatopia giving me the middle finger. I could travel to other Solum locations like Sola Hub.

Deleting the file helped. It let me back in instantly.

lolololololol I’m still on 8.1. Had too many programs that would of ■■■■ the bed if I had upgraded. Plus I don’t like updates every 2-3 days when they first release a new product. I’ll wait till the next version and then upgrade to 10.

Yes.

The issue is still under investigation but looked like there an incompatibility issue not being correctly detected between Live and Testing. If you go to the same location on Testing and Live then some ‘chunks’ fail and so it get stuck, not dealing with the error case.

1 Like

The dbs are limited in size as you say so should not grow beyond what its set in the settings. With many worlds (and many portals) it will be requesting more but the point of the cache it to stop re- requesting and the hit rate is pretty high. Its currently using LMDB.

Hi, i had exact the same problem, and i also “live” in Serenity Valley.
After i deleted the file it worked again.
PS: I have installed my games on a different drive and could not find the folder, so i searched in the explorer for “Local” on the games hard-disc and there it was, hope this helps for everyone who cannot find the standard path.