[Solved] Allow New Players To Meet Up With Friends More Quickly

It’s rather difficult when joining the game to meet up with friends who might already be playing. It’d be easier if there was a way to either travel directly from the sanctum to a friend or some such behavior.

I basically have two suggestions:

1.) Upon preparing to leave the sanctum FOR THE FIRST TIME (this could be OP if not limited to brand new players), either give players a list of names or some other means of selecting a player. Let them send the player an invite to JOIN the newbie in the sanctum. The exit warp would then send THE PAIR to where the vet just was.

2.) Allow for long-distance friend requests (limit at same planet perhaps?). Allows for newbies to simply gather the materials for warp conduits and then they can warp to their friend.

3 Likes

Well, if the friend is that close, you probably have them added on steam already, in which case they will automatically be in your friends list, and you can just warp to them from Sanctum upon returning whenever.
And if you don’t have them already on steam, you can just add them, as if you are completely new and attempting to play with them, you likely have some means of communication with them

3 Likes

Oh I had no idea steam friends were automatically on the friends list. This wasn’t the case when I played the game with some irl buddies some months ago. That solves everything. Thanks man :smiley:

3 Likes

It may well be a pretty new thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is still an awesome idea!! And would be great to still have in the game eventually, like for launch where some players might not even have steam but they know what their friends in-game name is or met/found them on the forums

I’d love to see this post launch!

2 Likes