[Solved] Graphics Issues

When I am in the game my screen is flickering like mad and so is my other 2 monitors when boundless is running fullscreen, windowed mode and even when just in the taskbar.

I have disabled and enabled vsync and this still isn’t fixing it. I have tested other games and cannot duplicate in any other game and have confirmed that it is not a graphics card issue.

This is going to sound like a customer service agent saying please unplug you router and wait 30 seconds but…have you verified files for game through steam? Any mods?

LOL Yea I have verified them and no mods are installed at all.

I am running the following config
4Ghz Processor
32Gigs Ram
geforce 1070 8 gigs memory gpu

Basically same rig I have. I had to recently fully uninstall my graphics card and do a fresh install because of an Nvidia driver update.

I did a clean install when I updated.

Have you ran task manager during the time boundless is running and seen if anything is being over tasked? Just theorizing basically.

Yup and processor is at a steady 24% and memory at 40%. Nothing spiking.

Whisper the monitors sweet nothings? I’m out of ideas lol

1 Like

This is sometimes a symptom that your video card is going to die soon. I’ve also heard of it being drivers or windows/drivers interactions.

I know my laptop occasionally has an issue like this when I have multiple windows full screen. The issues reduced in frequency when I dropped from 3 to 2 screens (which was also failing periodically as well).

This likely doesn’t help more than commiseration.

If the graphics card was on the way out it would happen with more than just when Boundless is running. Good call but I am sure its not that.

Drivers could be the issue, i told the nvidia updatr last night to do a fresh install but it may have still left stuff layong around. Ill try uninstalling and reinstalling completely.

Ive closed everything but boundless and the only thing I havent done is removed a monitor from the 3 screen equation all though ot wasnt happening the other day. Thats also one of the reasons i ipdated the drivers because this issue started ocurring.

Ill report back on the complete uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

I had weird flickering stuff going on in Boundless (and ONLY Boundless) with an older nVidia driver while G-Sync was enabled (3x 1080p144 IPS “compatible” not certified). A driver update did resolve it in this case, but I installed the driver twice - once with a standard install (which didn’t fix it) and a second time with a complete removal of the old one.

Well this is odd I have never had this with boundless at all but the video card shoots up to 100% usage on the GPU even if I lower everything down to the lowest settings possible. Up until the other day it never went over 50% load on the GPU.

With a GTX 1070 this should not be happening.

Any suggestions? Until I solve this the game is practically unplayable. If the card is going bad I will be highly surprised. It passes all tests and stress tests and I have verified that it ONLY happens with boundless.

Have you checked if there are any newer drivers for it?

If this happened right after a driver or Windows update, try reverting that update.

Yup did and installed no help.

Already tried that.

1 Like

Well reinstalling windows, its going to be a pain to reinstall all my software but something has to be really screwy. If this doesnt fix it then it is the card for sure. Which will tick me off cause it is less than a year old.

Tried verifying integrity of game files?

Ignore that - just realised you already did it :man_facepalming:

1 Like

IDK it is still doing it so it’s the card or something else.

Ill test to see if it is the card.

At least it would be in warranty if under a year old…hopefully

1 Like