Some crafting pics

I’ve been revisiting an old favorite, due to some recent nostalgia. Since I was in game and thinking about the “struggles” of boundless crafting I figured I’d share some pics.

Here’s a look at the available crafting professions:

I played this game for a few years but still, those professional levels go up over a hundred :thinking:

I’ve currently unlocked 31 crafting-specific skills. I’m not going to picture every page:

The games been around a while so some blueprinted items are no longer craftable in practice but that’s a fairly small number, and I have no idea how many items are craftable here. Some of them are pretty insane.

You can see this book takes blueprints with crafting levels (not professional levels ) up to 15.

Here’s a recipe for a laser rifle that’s usable at level 100.

5 of those 7 parts are crafted inputs of various levels. Simple 4 conductors will have been simple 1, crafted with more ingredients into simple 2, crafted with more ingredients into simple 3, etc… for 4.

Your Laser Weapons Engineer profession needs to be at least level 27.5 to reach “full” 95% chance of success.

The pictured blueprint is limited, so it doesn’t depend on Quality Rating, for that your blueprint would also have to be “Seasoned” with a quality rating of 100%, acquired after hopefully only a couple of thousand attempts.

Here’s a level 20 long blade:

4 crafted inputs, 2 mined materials, and some purchased filler. None of the inputs require more than a single round of crafting for this level 2 blueprint, and by level 7.5 you’ve got max COS.

Some tailoring stuff

A nice pair of boots. This is a level 4 blueprint with full COS by level 12.5 and all four of these ingredients are crafted.

So many textures you can make. With painstaking skilling requirements :rofl:

There’s a system of books and containers for storage but over at the crafting machine you can browse all the blueprints you ahve on the current planet, in any of your storages or whatever. You can also craft from ingredients stored in your carried inventory or on-planet storages.

Anyways …

I sorted by chance of success so this mostly shows a lot of limited blueprints. The underlined Gyro FAP is a permanent, unlimited use blueprint for a limited (disposable) item - showing 100 quality rating. Still 95% is max chance. And “success” doesn’t mean “Success”. :sob:

I loaded a skilling blueprint that makes ammo from some bought filler. I bought enough nanocubes to click it 15 times. Quantity over Quality as there are … options.

To be clear about that “Value” column, it costs 0.20 PED worth of materials, to click this. So

3.00 cost, 2.70 in “recovered value” and 1.17 value in the item I was attempting to craft.

:persevere: