Some shots from my worldbuilder tests

Revisiting the worldbuilder from over a year…

First warm up.

And started a mushroom forest. (Maybe finish it some day.).

13 Likes

I got 2 question,

1. What is now necessary to include in a biome, if i want to upload it to the library?

I now can leave out color and resources (As it is a part of the tier profile.).
And who decide what tier it going to be?

1. How do i create a world from worldbuilder, to use in creative? I do not find anything to create the world i build.

I would love to create my own profile for my own exotic world, is that possible?

1 Like

Its not possible yet to use a world builder world as creative.

1 Like

So where are the creative worlds coming from?

I guess its locally, but i didnt check exactly where they take the profiles.

I asked if it was possible to use custom world when creative came live, a dev said it was not possible yet.

But i didn’t dig it out, maybe it is possible by doing some file management.

I miss the last link, convert my worldbuilder world to an running world. James said it take some houers to generate the world, i miss that command…

Current prototype creative is a flat landscape of the block type you specify from mantle to the y level you specify, allowing you to build wonders that are only limited by your imagination, not the environment! No ore, no surface resource gen, no meteors.

1 Like

Creative sounds boring when you put it like that

Wait so is there the ability to have a hunting platform appear at every region crossing using world builder?

You’d have to play with noise, but yes.

However, afaik they aren’t allowing player-created world builder worlds to be used as sovereigns b/c the tool is not public so it’d be unfair to non-backers. For the eventual real creative release I’m sure they’d probably let you use it.

1 Like

I edited what I wrote, I hope it’s better now :laughing:

1 Like

I still can create biome and upload it to the library, still dont know who put a tier on it.

What is the process for uploading to the library? Is this like a github run by the Boundless team or something or is there a central repository such that I could access your biomes without the use of a third party? If you have a link or something I’d appreciate it, I’ve only just gotten into World Builder this summer in the absence of the greats like you and Nevir :smiley:

Think it is on github, long time since i was playing around with this…
I see if i can find it.
It was a place to upload your biome to ws.
Maybe @james know where it was, and if it still there.

If you’re looking for the world builder project:

The aim of sharing the world builder configurations was to allow community members to contribute new ideas (mainly biomes and prefabs).

We distribute the biomes into levels / tiers to:

1. Progress from earthlike to otherworldly.
  2. Progress from easy to challenging to navigate.

This means that when a world is generated the biome is suitable for the player level.

9 Likes

Yes, thx.
Still wonder how to go from worldbuilder world config to generate a world for client.

1 Like

Biome with t7 blink setting, before ground resources and stratas added.

6 Likes

Started a new grid biome. tonight.

10 Likes

Hi, there is a mentioning of a new version of the World Builder app. How can I identify which version I have and which version is the newest? I checked the small menu bar and there is no choice to find out.

You get the latest version with steam, with the game patch download.
When it is updated it is often in the patch-notes for the game.

Latest version is 18, it is written in the json save files.