Some thoughts about the free weekend.

That was their official stance. James looked at it.

If its not dealt with in about a week or so. Ill close mall and not do anything for the general player base again.

I am pretty positive it was a player that used the free weekend to create a toon not trackable.

So i am assuming there is a 16w fuel in it also. They said it looks like a new person processing rocks.
EVERY rock color there is from T6. That new person sure was busy over the weekend.

1 Like

That would be a shame, the mall is awesome. But I can totally understand that.

I am not 100% surprised at this. the community in this game is far different then anything I have seen in any of the other online games I have played and I can understand them not being trusting as some people, myself as well when I was new to the game, are not used to this level of kindness.

A lot of games now days have toxic environments. And it has became the expectation in some cases.

4 Likes

There are always a few bad apples, but I think for the most part in comparison, Boundless has an amazing community.

4 Likes

Agreed, its only the community being as good as it is that keeps the game floating IMO. If we didn’t have Portal Seekers networks, Ultima, various malls - easily half the playerbase would quit

1 Like

Yea, i have ran into a few small drama deals, but in general this crowd is a chill crowd.

Just the devs let the bad apples get away with it so they know what to do.

a line of 1 wide down the side of a building is straight up trolling.

I guess the devs dont want social projects in the game. Makes it easier to move on to the next game.

Awesome players in game though.

2 Likes

Which mall?

Legendville

This is the reason I went ahead and plotted a lot (456 stall spaces to be precise) more than I anticipate my project will need. Still, if the mall does end up filling to the brim and somebody blocks expansion I’m in trouble :smiley: I’d probably make a portal and expand that way.

Yea I plot way extra on my builds. But hard to do on a Mall :expressionless:

Tried to create something to offer the game a more social feeling.

Always the few. But usually have Devs that stop the issues, not show other trolls it is ok.

1 Like

Oh yeah that’s bad, went to look. Hadn’t thought that somebody would plot like that. Why do some people just want to ruin other’s fun…

You should make a separate thread about it Unciviled. If the devs see enough complaints they will have to help.

Legends guild as a group gave out about 400 starter kits :slight_smile: It was so fun almost everyone was super grateful. Some said they wouldn’t like help but that was about 5 percent. We have all ready had quite a few of the new people we help come to the guild & are still here after the free weekend. I cant wait for the next free weekend if one ever comes.

I will say the one thing i heard alot was the games price is to steep at 40$. Most i asked said they though 25$ would be fair. Most were not negative about it they just though it was a bit over priced

1 Like

I saw what was done to Legendville mall. This is tragic.

We need to brainstorm as a community as to what can be done in the future to allow both those who want rules for plotting and those who don’t to coexist peacefully. I have a few thoughts. Starting a thread for it.

I agree whole heartedly. The game costs as much as Red Dead Redemption 2 right now.

Not that the game isn’t worth $40 to me (I think I paid $50 to pre order), but it’s a really tough sell to new folks. I think WS would sell three times as many copies of the game if it were half the current price. $19.99 is a major price point in many people’s minds.

2 Likes

I see this mentioned a lot, the price point is just a bit too high for some people, of course having a cheaper entry point will get more players in the game, I also think a PS4 free weekend or promo would help those who are on the fence because of the cost, it seems to have worked for the PC player base.

Ultimately to make this a popular game it needs to be affordable to the majority of casual players. If I was in charge of things , I would drop the Farming update, then do another free weekend on BOTH platforms, maybe even lower the base price a tad to make it more palatable.

2 Likes

In my opinion is that most people compare it too much with Minecraft. People abandon the tutorials right away and start messing around.

You could compare it with shooters. People from cod that go to battlefield often skip the tutorial. That’s I think the same with voxel games that look very similar.

I even noticed them completely ignoring the tooltips :smile:

2 Likes

I am in no way trying to cause issues but I’m curious how this is a troll if you are talking about the area where you point the sign toward. It looks like they wanted to build a road or something… So couldn’t you just work with them to complete the road and continue shops on each side? You still have space on the right for many shops and straight ahead. So I’m just curious… obvious it is a pain and forces the mall to adjust… but it isn’t a full block.

the mall is floating in the air. I doubt there was any idea about roads, but ye i agree sort of… he could just turn the mall going right.

I can build a pile of sh** beside them if you like. Lol. I have the mud and plots for it. A nice big steamer normally does the trick.

1 Like