Sovereign Biome Question

I really don’t believe the colors anymore lol. I’ve been on planets where yellow is better than white and planets where blue is better than all of them. One planet I mine I can’t tell if it’s blue or white looks more like blue and after 2 hammers I had 1700 diamonds which is better than I did in white hot spots

2 Likes

I THINK keeping biome selections to the minimum keeps each one larger - and also, the more you have, the more they may merge into each other, in the case of high elevation biomes potentially lowering them perhaps? So my strategy has been, selections to a minimum with keeping in view, when I have to take a biome that isn’t good for what I’m after (like with lv 6 biomes on a T6) that it is at least something useful otherwise or one where merges with other biomes might not be too harmful (for example, with rubies, in that case avoiding anything high elevation so that the low elevation biomes that are good for it aren’t raised too high if they merge in on them).

@FireAngelDth - Yeah, I definitely found places where the blue is REALLY good, like where it is all squeezed into a narrow altitude range. For whatever reason, I’ve often found the edges of hotspots to be best. :thinking:

1 Like

@bucfanpaka have you experimented with any Amethyst builds?

1 Like

Oh yeah, my Corrosive build here is really the one I feel most comfortable with - the results have been very consistent with it- World "Builds" thread :slight_smile:

It is pretty safe bet you’ll get around 200k amethyst and 100k emerald with some pretty good hotspots - what I do with this build is mine right along the edge of the amethyst/emerald hotspot area. It is the most profitable mining I’ve found as you get so much else besides the gems. :smiley:

But, on this build, if you really didn’t want the emerald, you might be best off taking out Ocean, keeping the water much more shallow and likely giving you much larger amethyst spots.

1 Like