Sovereign designing

Seeing so much variety in the amount of certain types of resources on same tier planets has got me curious, is there a logic behind the amount of resource vs types of biomes selected and has anyone created some accurate world builder that would tell you what biomes would be required to include/increase the overall resource quantity during creation?

When it comes to mined resources, altitude and cave types seem to have the most impact when comparing planets of the same tier/type, someone did post a resource showing what levels and surface types they prefer, but I forget the title and how long back it was.

The one mined resource where I’ve noticed where the surface block types of the biomes has a serious impact is rubies. General requirement is under land, with the surface alt 60-75 IIRC. But they do far noticeably better in a few biome types I’ve seen: Graveyard and Ancient Villages. Do ok under some others (sand ones, Snowy Redwoods), and won’t spawn with certain others.

For most, biome selection is most important in maximizing area to mine to increase your overall count; they mostly spawn in about the same quantities in a given area that qualifies on a given tier/type, some just will give you a lot more area to mine. For diamonds (low) and topaz (high) for example, Olympus at lv. 8 is IMO by far the best, will give massive hotspot with a good vertical area as well. You have to take the fact that the biomes merge into each other into consideration too - if going for rubies, for example, you really want to avoid high elevation biomes since they may merge into otherwise good ones and ruin areas by raising them a bit too much.

Plant resources of course like certain surfaces, but there too mostly a matter of picking the ones to maximize area to collect. Once again though, merges can make it a little tricky, and some of the pics on the form aren’t too clear what they produce.

2 Likes