Spanner effectiveness!

As they are spanners work well. In particular the titanium or better spammers are very good at fixing individual machines or coils. However AOE does not seem to work on spanners. As a result fixing machines and all their coils can be a major drag and time killer. I’d like to propose allowing AOE to fix everything within the AOE range or letting the spanner fix the machine and all attached coils together at the same time. I’d certainly be a great quality of life improvement.

2 Likes

If a boon can be added without it doing anything, it smells like a bug.

It could be fixed either by removing the boon, or by fixing aoe-repair. I think most people would agree that the latter is the most prefered.

Speaking of spanner bugs, I think it would be better if spanner experience was awarded per wear repaired rather than % wear repaired. I can’t believe that is a conscious design decision.

3 Likes

so thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats why the exp gain from spanners is so weird

Yeah I have on multiple occasions mentioned spanner repairs needing to give more experience and recently made and tested an aoe spanner too… I agree with Fury on this for sure!

Especially the coils sharing/combining their wear just like spark generators do. Please and thank you!!!

You actually get experience from reparing?! I thought wear was meant to punish you.

Per wear is a tightrope of balance though; repairing a 500 hp craft table needs to give some xp for low levels / newbs without making repairing a 128k hp spark core setup silly OP though.

Nope, sorry no openings available for victims on this one

3 Likes

Well they could balanced that by just, you know, making wear a % based system, and repairing based on Percent. And with Spark Gen, having more of them stacks just makes the wear damage do less and less % damage when use, making it seem like there is more, but it’s actually just doing less total wear over time.

Yeah, or at least adjust wear an durability of higher recipes / machines down, then per hp would work…

The one biggy with making it all % based is that a dead compactor and table would both require 100%, and then give the same xp, breaking at least the feel of progression in machine size/ importance when repairing. This also means if a stone spanner fixes 1%, you’re gonna grind away like mad to fix a broken table if thats all u have… disposable tables maybe?

Repairing tables gives ok exp. Repairing everything else, especially coils and spark arrays is just awful exp-wise. Your cost is spanner durability and time when repairing. The experience reward should follow suit.

If something takes effort, it should probably reward exp in the end. I don’t see how to generate wear on a spark array doesn’t require effort, though. You still have to mine/buy all that coal.

Maybe reduce spark core hp and wear per action in that case. We aren’t exactly looking forward to holding left mouse button while staring into a machine for a minute.

1 Like

Also, 1xp/100 wear isn’t directly a gold mine of exp

Oh i agree that repair needs a bit of love although its not game breaking; adjusting higher tier machine hp and wear costs and switching to absolute values for xp seems like a viable and good fix for me too.

It used to be worse you know lol

1 Like

I hope this gets some sort of fix, I was wondering why xp on crafting tables is so good when fixing with one action vs durable coils & machines :slight_smile: Also didn’t know that aoe repairing don’t work, had one AOE spanner and gave it away without trying it.
Game has spanner skill but has anyone even used points there? To me getting titanium or gem spanner just makes skill somewhat useless right now. Adding something like stamina reduction on spanners use or something else it would make it more interesting for crafting character/skillset :slight_smile:
Running around fixing other players machines is still fun :smiley:

1 Like