Spark core repair

This has probably been mentioned before and I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but the spark core doesn’t last very long these days, practically have to repair it every 5-10 minutes which means you can’t really queue production and go off mining etc … just have to hang around constantly repairing it! :confused:

1 Like

You make a cluster of them and its going to be much better.
I use 16 in each cluster.

5 Likes

yeah its a known bug - hopefully fixed with next update
having a few of them together helps a bit - still pain in the…

My current build doesn’t have room to suddenly add another 15 spark cores to it plus that’s a huge amount of resources just to fix something that wasn’t a bug before.

I like that it incentivizes you to use more spark cores. (Edit: Also makes it more useful to have a higher tier Spanner)

3 Likes

Obvious the solution is a repairbot that eats cogs to stay alive

5 Likes

Looks like I’m going to have to now waste a huge amount of time mining for metal and coal and the other components and removing half my storage blocks to make space just to fix something that wasn’t broken before … I guess exploring all the other world’s will just have to go on hold again.

Do you mean physically in contact or connected by those…little cube things?

doesn’t matter (from what I’ve seen) as soon as you can split the coal you want to burn

each single core can eat 4 compact medium coal before breaking down - thats 12k spark

if you have 4 separate that’s 48k in 3 minutes before you need to intervene with a spanner

if you have 4 together (physically touching) you still can put 16 in there and it will break after 3 minutes when those 16 are consumed, as total durability is 16k (4x4k) and it all keeps working until the 16k is reached without differentiating between single cores that are put together (I think you can have those 16 coals put in one of the 4 slots and it will still count 16k durability together rather than breaking that one core after 4k and stopping working then - you dont have to put those 16 coals in all 4 slots separately when the cores are put together).
Same for fixing - you dont have to move your spanner between the core units - just aim at any core within the group and you’ll be fixing entire bundle (durability is shown as total and not separate 4k bars).

6 Likes

I hit a few shops last night and no one is making spanners. I only have copper and so I’ll have to go sort out that alloy thing again. Seriously, with the week I’m having, I don’t need that sort of intellectual challenge right now.

1 Like

Does anyone know any good places to look for the tech components needed to make spark cores as I’ve just used all mine up just to make 5

1 Like

Yeah, better spanners are really helpful now. I made some titanium and sold in my mini shop at Aquatopia. But I am all out for now. I will resupply when I get some more titanium. Or maybe I can craft some gem ones. Since you made this post, maybe more shop owners will make them available too.

I have some iron ones - produced them after the bug kicked in. So if you are interested look for me in Moria (portal from Moebius Plaza of course).

you need your head checked then!.. but yes… use more than one core is agreeable… 20… is not… i would say fro the prolific crafters amongst us… yeh go for it!.. but for those of us who are not that specced into it, don;'t need as many obviously :slight_smile:

So, you can use 32 spark cores split in two clusters to feed power to the same machines?

“Any good places to look for the tech components”
Septerfon is good as you can find them in the special caves there on ground level. The meteors also have them as loot on Septerfon. Guess that is the same for all moons.

1 Like

Yes, as long as the pipes goes directly from each cluster. You can’t have a serial connected design.

1 Like

Thanks … I’ll check them out :blush:

And if you got frustrated trying to find some, I think I still have some on what remains of my shop in Tjentzu, Andooweem. Its the portal on the right of Jeff’s Andooweem portal as you exit it. The shop is immediately to the right of the “hub”.

Just copper? Everyone knows that bulk crafting gem spanners is the #1 thing to do :stuck_out_tongue:

/s

1 Like