Spark Engineer skill tree

Hi, I hope I’m not being presumptuous here but I was wondering if having some spark based skill would be an appealing idea? I’d love to hear what people would like to have in this skill. To start the ball rolling, I was thinking of the following.

Efficiency

Each point spent means you need to burn less of an item to generate 1 unit of spark.

Potency

1 spark runs machinery for longer.

Manipulator

Magic skills split into the following categories:
Heal - self, target, a.o.e, immediate heal and regenerate over time.
Buff - damage protection, speed, health, damage, tool power
Damage - Environmental damage types, a.o.e, direct, over time
Hex - slow, weaken damage given, magnify damage received

Transporter

Unlocks a recipe that let’s you transport the equivalent of 1 stack of medium coal. Each point thereafter adds an extra 1 stack of medium coal power.

Mechanic

Unlock recipes that allow you to build hand held devices that use spark in the flowing areas:
Combined tools (great for inventory space)
Faster action
Area of effect 3x3 hammer etc
Tools use spark rather than durability.
Recharge stations
Weapons for rapid fire, more projectiles per shot.

Transmuter

Use spark to turn items into next tier
Turn iron to silver.
Silver to gold.
Gold to titanium.
Change gem into different gem.
Expensive in spark.

I worry this would make other careers redundant though, balance would be important. Maybe to make use of the tools you need some skill investment in spark based tools. Would hate to make normal tools redundant.

Anyway, thoughts?

5 Likes

Interesting, for sure, though I have a hard time seeing how this would be a stand alone skill tree. I see it as being mid/high level addition to crafting. There is not much you can do with this skill tree as a low level player before you possess a spark core. But as a late level crafting skill, lots of these skills would be handy.

3 Likes

I really like the idea of efficiency or potency. One of the things that bothers me about the mass/bulk crafting upgrades is that it doesn’t seem to affect spark requirement.
I make a lot of bricks and decorative stone which requires large amounts of spark. Nearly all of my fuel goes straight into the spark core but lack of spark has still been a major barrier in my building process.

1 Like