Spark value

I didn’t take that into consideration because it take a lot to gather, it breaks the generators faster than anything else, and I don’t want to botter with it. But if this means I can get my spark cheaper than 0.1 (not possible in shops) or even at 0.1, great, I’m all for it. I do dig a lot and get a lot of coal, but I still need more for the generators, so I do buy it some times. So I would deffenetly buy spark if the price is ok. Other option would be to make the coal more expensive in order to increase the value of spark, but from what I see in this game, prices never go up (at least not by much). But who knows…

1 Like

I harvest spark in all forms, but primarily trunk and coal, with peat as a sort of afterthought.

When I have to buy spark I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than 1c/100 spark (0.01/spark), sometimes less. It’s not always plentiful at this price but it’s usually available.

This price would be 1500c per compact hard coal or 50c per compact peat.

Edit: I stand corrected. I guess I didn’t see that part of the patch notes.

should be that way or how they presented it, they said we could move spark generator now without losing spark since it drops as an item on ground when the generator is destroyed.

didn’t test it myself but this is how i undersantd it.

1 Like

Gotta be honest- spark is still worth more than coal. this post doesn’t really help anything lol

I almost feel like OP doesn’t really shop in the market at all for materials.
which would kinda be like a farmer being like " I don’t understand why you’d pay this kinda money for produce."

not anymore

1 Like

Also this doesn’t even begin to hit on the fact that spark will almost instantly convert inside your spark generator- with barely damaging your machine. Meanwhile I can stick almost a million spark in my generator and have it done in less than a minute. Compact Coal still has it’s place for cooking but at this point spark has taken over as the new prime fuel for generators.

1 Like

i mean spark should be a bit higher than the rest since it takes less time to transform than anything else.

1 Like

The time was still taken, just by someone else if you buy the spark.

1 Like

Yeah no explanation on why they decided to add time for “re-conversion” :slightly_frowning_face:

Yeah but same could be said for forged tools and anything else in the market place.

1 Like

I had some old spark gens hidden behind storage from when I remodeled my work shop, so I just broke 4 of them to see how it would “drop” partial amounts of spark of a whole gen stack as a test

1 Like

Agreed. :+1:

if i had to guess- this is part of the compactness update.
How do you remove someones beacon that was in violation of TOS?
You’d have to be able to completely pull everything in those plots and what if that person had millions of spark? its just a logical addition to everything else being added into the game.

Thank you for the vid! yeah i’m excited to rip out old spark gens

1 Like

This item was loading in 1s for most of the time it was in the test cycle. Then in the last update they raised the conversion time to 8s.

This means it will take 2 hours to load a stack in a single generator, even though it was already ‘converted to spark’ by yourself or another player. That’s what I’m talking about.

I’ve been following the updates the logic for adding the spark item seems fine to me and some better way to homogenize and transfer spark has been requested many times.

1 Like

that still leaves it as a faster and easier fuel source I think. Even still I’ve always thought that it should be transferable between people. I’m so glad for the update.

1 Like

That may be what they cost to make but they mint for almost 40c each (per spark item so .0392 per spark)
Also, the minter can’t mint 900 at once. Too much wear. 350 at once is most
Edited to update as I test

1 Like

Wow, this will either change the coal / peat price to be much more expensive (like fossil prices changed), or it will be reduced.

As it stands, compact coal can rise by almost 400% and still be profitable when minted.

1 Like

I hope it raises coal costs, tbh. I think they’ve gotten too low