Speak in game

When can we speak in game?! Except by keyboards

2 Likes

i hope never, i dont want to talk or hear other ppl talking.

5 Likes

Game developers have tried this many times, in many a-game, and it always ends in horrible disasters of abuse and griefs up the wazoo! But if you are on the PS4 they have chat parties that you can create. Sorry to poo-poo your suggestion. I just wish we lived in a more mature society, but alas we do not.

4 Likes

If only there was some way to implement an option so people who don’t want to hear voice could turn it off but others would be able to hear it if they wanted to.
What a dilemma…

3 Likes

Do you mean a mute option? :wink: It works, some days you are just spending your gametime muting players. It’s a game on its own. :smiley: However, hearing vulgarity is far worse than reading vulgarity.

Not if there’s a global mute, or mute is default and you can enable voice for specific players

4 Likes

in theory this is the solution, but when ppl just talk and expect me to answer, but will never get one because i have the voice chat on mute…

i could live with an option for some kind of voice groups, where you can invite you friends and then talk, oh wait…
skype, discord, whatsapp, slack…

3 Likes

Yeah sure, just boot up discord on the ps4 so you can communicate on boundless.
A small mute icon next the your name solves your issue, a bunch of third party apps that aren’t available to everyone and just end up fragmenting the community even more is not an ideal solution.

5 Likes

Ooh, i didn’t know we could use discord on ps4! @snow we can talk now!

1 Like

Yes I hope! :crossed_fingers:t2::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

well i agree with you on that, 3rd party tools are never a good thing.
hmm
im not sure how this would affect server performance/costs (for an extra voice server architecture), not sure if the ps4 guidelines allow a p2p connection to a not ps4 device so even with hole punching there would be no option for that technically without creating more costs or lag for the game.

but thats just my quess

I don’t know about 3rd party tools not being all that useful. Even if you are on PS4, you can use a mobile phone/tablet to run most of the voice chat tools that are out there.

The only time I see voice being useful is when you are in a group making a video or hunting meteors (or what ever the events are that are hosted by some of the big guilds in the game).

There will always be some folks that don’t have microphones on their gaming rigs or just don’t want to “talk” to people. There are also the small group of people that would make a speak in game situation horrible. I’m thinking Grand Theft Auto V here.

Gran theft auto 5 was a nightmare with voice chat i cant agree more.

1 Like

Use an external VOIP software. This game would be horrible if it had it in game.

What was so funny was all the “14 year old children” cussing like sailors. Made me wonder where their parents were. Of course, since they were playing GTA V, you have to assume that their parents were not very involved in what their kids did on the internet and their Playstation.

Just add controls under the, children setting page… Make a debuff if their mic is off… so we know hey they cant hear us… Also… for the love of god, allow whispers across planets.

Not sure if this is possible. FFXIV also allows cross play between pc and ps4 but no voice chat. And thats a fairly established game already. Some kind of in game chat system would suffice i think. Voice chat can stay on the 3rd party apps (inconvenient as it may be for us ps4 players)

Besides, games like warframe and monster hunter world has shown me how annoying voice chat is when it automatically connects you :confounded:

Mute doesn’t work. Trust me. Probably best just use text like we do now. Close friends and voice chat in 3rd party apps. Issue is if people used voice as main form of communication you feel obligated to keep it on to not miss out, but then your constantly needing to mute taking away from gameplay. And can’t really expect devs to be able to moderate this so those abusing it is banned from using it because again it could consume their time and players still going to have issue. What I hear in almost every mmo these days is use mute, all fixed or turn off all chat. But this leads to issue all mmos played like a single player game these days. It’s almost impossible to pull up any global chat in any of popular mmos and actually gave any meaningful mature conversations, that’s just text. Voice introduces whole new levels of abuse and immaturity. I suppose boundless limited range on chat was implemented this way on purpose, so these immature types aren’t encouraged to act like that since almost no one would see it.