Speed of Fists changed somehow in the last Update

Mine seem faster

Well they are not… they are WAY slower… I use ONLY fists with my chars, since I used to do everything with them, from T1 to T3 planets, I use 2 Iron Fists at the same time, and trust me, They are NOT Usable anymore… they feel sluggish and now you have to wait until the animation stops to use them again.

1 Like

I use two fists too, and I don’t really see much difference. Still soloing T5 meteors with them is doable as always was.

Do you by chance have the grapple mastery? Did you have it prior to the 201 patch?

It’s definitely longer cooldown . It’s in the patchnotes.

2 Likes

That’s what the patch notes say, not that they slowed them down. I exclusively hunt with fists I know with my skills the cooldown animation is much faster. I can’t speak for someone without skills though.

I use gold fists though, so until I can test iron ones I can’t say for certain there isn’t a bug.

Actually they specifically say they lowered the cooldown for fists.

I’ve never ever needed grapple mastery.

See Im not crazy… my problem here is WHY did they change it?.. it was fine the way they were.

You really should upgrade to gold.

High Ridge Market from the Storis II PS hub. :smile:

The notes say they made them faster…

What is your dexterity? I don’t know for certain grapple mastery affects speed (although it still doesn’t affect fist damage like its supposed to)

I’m just curious if the fix to grapple mastery had any unanticipated effects.

Lowering the cool down is making them work faster - the timer between shots was lowered.

They are not working faster they are way slower. the patch notes said specifically the cooldown reworks broke fist speed. Hopefully they are going to fix it…

The patch notes said fist balance was broken, this could also mean now with skills they are too fast. This was also from the test server notes and not the recent release notes, so maybe they addressed whatever issue they felt was unbalanced (or it could be an oversight with the new patch notes)

I will test iron fists when I get home, but I know for a fact that my gold fist is much faster than before the patch.

Recent patch rebalanced how different tools and weapons react with actipn speed Yes, this made fists slower with low/no action speed. On the other hand, this patch allowed Fists to attack faster with higher Dexterity (before they could not change and attacked at the same speed no matter what your action speed was) and the damage bonus from Grapple Mastery for Fists now works as well (it was not working before).

1 Like

Are you sure about the grapple mastery damage buff? I didn’t seem to notice a difference but I didn’t test it very much.

Iron fists are definitely slower than before. I would fire, wait and then click to fire again…nothing…click again and then it would fire again.

I am digging with fists and yes, the game now feels clunky and slugish compared to before the patch.
For the reference, i dug out 200k blocks before patch and i think i know what i am talking about.
The Damage from grapple skill is still not working.
The Gold fist is doing less Damage then the iron fist.
Whatever is in the patch notes, is not in reality.