SSL certificate problem

Before I start, this could be entirely related to my work firewall and likely won’t be anything our Tech team will let me investigate to any depth, however, thought I’d post it anyways.

I’m getting “SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate” whenever I run the game. Normally (from home), I don’t even have to enter my username/password combo but from work I get the sign in window.

I can see a GTE CyberTrust Global Root certificate which is valid until 2018 in the Oort Online folder (ca-bundle.crt) and I’ve ‘installed’ it just to be sure, but still won’t launch the game. :frowning:

Any ideas/advice?

Well, it is probably not your firewall because it means that your client cant recieve the SSL certificate. So or your firewall blocks the receiving of that file or your client cant get it from the server and it is a bug that the developers need 2 fix. I think it is the second one. I don’t know for sure though :smile:

Eak. @blake any ideas?

l got the same issue and lm on my home pc

@Exarchian and @remirol are you still hitting this issue?

If so, please respond with:

• OS and exact version number, and
  • a gist of your game log.

Your game logs are accessible at:

• Mac OS X: /tmp/tblz_log.txt
  • Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Turbulenz\Oort Online\oortonline_log.txt

I’ll be at work tomorrow - I’ll check and get back to you.

Same problem. I’ll try a restart of my pc when I’m able to do so (Steam was restarted).

Here’s the gist:

Windows Version: Windows 7 Professional with SP1 (6.1.7601)

If it helps, I’m able to login to the game via a browser:
https://ga.me/games/oortonline-preview/

I’m still unable to get into the game on Eisa using a browser with the “Error 1006 in world eisa” Websocket Closed.

After a relog on the browser version I was able to get into Gortnen. Trying again with Eisa, gets stuck at waiting for handshake. This might be another unrelated problem I guess.

The log is showing the problem:

httprequest.cpp(704):                   (turbulenz::HttpRequest::PerformSyncRequest) !! curl error: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
engine.cpp(1047):                       (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::CheckLoginAndSetCookie) Failed to signin with embedded credentials: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

At the moment we don’t know why this is happening. We will need to add more debugging, etc. It appears that the game is unable to access the certificate bundle. This is extremely strange. If I had to guess there is something special / unique about your system that is causing this. Our challenge will be finding out what.

You can help us by:

1. Making sure you have installed all system updates.
  2. Are you running any anti-virus (or other software) that might be interfering with Oort accessing the certificate file.
  3. Can you confirm where (drive / directory) Oort Online is installed to?
  4. Can you also confirm the location of the file ca-bundle.crt (it should be in the Oort install folder.)

Thank you for your support and patience whilst we resolve this issue.

Here’s the info you requested.

1. All systems are up to date as per our company requirements
  2. We have ESET Endpoint Security - I disabled protection for 10 minutes whilst I tested - no change and no way to remove temporarily.
  3. Oort is installed to F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Oort Online
  4. ca-bundle.crt is located at F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Oort Online

F: is a virtual network drive with 39GB free.