Stalked across the planet by angry flying death squid

It would be really cool if, as I’m running home on Solum from Aquatopia, I not get jumped by a meteor’s worth of flying death ■■■■■ who proceed to hound me across half the planet before I safely make it inside my house and log out 10 minutes later.

It’s called ‘leashing’. #checkitout

1 Like

@james is this a bug? I thought that if you walked far enough away from the meteor the creatures should stop following you. If not, I agree that it should be a feature as the creatures are there after all only to guard the meteor

5 Likes

Yea I have noticed that they hunt you for a long time and there are a lot of them, especially if you stumble by one when exploring and they attack! LOL it was not a fun experience. :dizzy_face:

they do stop - it might be a problem of one’s speed though - if you are too slow to move away far enough for them to de-aggro then you end up running away for ages

I think it would be better if they weren’t too fast on home worlds where low level players just start learning the ropes - at the end of the day whoever wants to battle them won’t be running away and whoever is not interested should have a chance to not be in danger when still at low level.

That makes me think about the speed of the meteorite wildstock that charge at an insane speed now - its too fats I think, not because it makes them too difficult to defeat, but simply because fighting them loses the tactical element and changes to frantic brainless encounter where using terrain to your advantage is almost impossible as you have to turn camera around and jump and move very fast.

3 Likes

I’ve had to face down three wildstock, three spitters, and two cuttletrunks on flat land, steak in one hand, slingbow in the other, and it’s really the opposite of fun. If we had better perception range of the type of core we might be able to employ strategy, but once you’re close enough to suss out that it’s not a core 1, the floodgates have already loosed. The aspect where the portals seem to appear at will right over your head is also a tactical smell (if I can borrow and modify the programming phrase).

2 Likes

Were they cuttle’s that were chasing you? If so they will NEVER stop. So try to hit them and then run a while, hit, run, repeat…

I mentioned this very extensively when meteor’s were first brought online but most of the community didn’t seem to think it was an issue. I had thought at least the developers removed Cuttles from the starter planets but I guess not.

2 Likes

I have an Iron slingshot. 3 vs 1 was not going to happen.

The Core 2 meteorites loose Cuttle Hell when they land, and not just the babies!

im maxed hunter level 50 and did a meteor level 3(could been 2) on solum solo and it was alot off work finishing it but i have to say i have
big health but i can imagine these are not doable solo if level 50hunter with gembows has lot off work getting rid off it

you need a dummy to confuse them and a cloak off invisibility
i wonder if anybody did a test with the skill that lets you walk by enemys peacefully on meteors

it works. i went on a hunt yesterday with @Jiivita you and @James (with his awsom healing bombs) and found that most mobs would ignore me if I kept my distance and would actively stop attacking me for another target if they close enough. as the sniper type i found this skill very useful!
often times i would run threw the battle site to gather loot and emerge out the other side without anything chasing me!

6 Likes

Those bombs :heart_eyes: they are only made of copper too I believe!
Edit: I was right! and they apparently need no mastery!

1 Like