Starberry Farm Example

Hey people! :smiley:

I’ve been trying to find the best balance for all types of starberries (crop and seed based) but i cant seem to find a way. I am not looking for the perfect percentage but a good balance between high percentage and amount of plants that i can have. Any chance someone has a good design? Please share it here and inspire us :smiley:

Only doing Glossy and Juicy in my farm, but here is my setup to stay above 100% seed and let the crop % fall where it may.

1 Like

Only problem with this is its hard to harvest and plant aaand it might be more beneficial to just plant more and get less-than-perfect percentage. Thank you though for sharing this!

Yeah, its a bit spaced out, but that was to keep the bonuses for “near air” as high as possible.

For normal starberries I have this pattern:

XXXOXXXOXXXOXXX
OOOOOOOOOOOO
XOXXXOXXXOXXXOX

I just plug that onto the ceiling. It gives me 184% crop and 106% seed.

Edit: Picture:

1 Like

I like this setup, minimalist and more importantly tile-able. With low percentages anyhow you wont notice a huge difference between 112% and 110% seed return, but being able to fill a large area with an acceptable design is very useful.

PS Also remember that the seed/produce % is only taken into account at harvest time, so if you wana min/max you could always plop down any extra wood / mould etc at the last moment to optimise a single or few crops

1 Like

Are they on the same level or different levels?

All on the same level. There’s a block empty above them in my picture since that’s where my cabling goes (which you can see through it)

Crystal Habitat portal at the PS Raxxa hub if you want to take a look.

1 Like

We have a good setup in the dome, we are doing reg straberries and glossy. Get over 100% for crop and seed. Can check it out.

You don’t even need to leave a gap for the normal starberries (184/106)

Glossy ones are only marginally different (134/101)

You can really pack them in as well!

3 Likes

Is there 1 or 2 blocks between each row for the starberries, Stretch? And what are your percentages on those?

And yeah, you can stack them properly :smiley:

Only need 2 blocks of air between normal starberry rows and 3 blocks between glossy

Yeah, my layout has 1 block of air, so probably marginally more space efficient. Not that space really matters :smiley:

1 Like

Ah nice! I didn’t realise yours were just one block apart. That’s a really good layout. I ran the numbers across three plots and yours works out to be more space efficient overall :+1:

Not sure if stacking would make a difference to ease of access to harvesting. Might change a few of mine around and find out!

2 Likes

You can also just lay them every other like checkerboard with air on a ceiling or in the air. We have ours above are farm walk ways for the other crops in the ground

3 Likes

Yep! That’s how it’s set up :slight_smile: It would be less easy to harvest if you stack it than your solution, though.

I just have one layer stuck to the ceiling. (Well, one block below the ceiling, with all the wiring between it and the ceiling)

This is our setup for sustainability. Reg starberries and glossy.

3 Likes

The first setup doesn’t scale very well. If you extend that much further than you have (say 2 blocks), the middle ones are going to start to go down drastically. I tried that first, but overall it wasn’t very efficient, it felt like. I’ve not done the actual calculations, though, so it might not make much difference to my setup :slight_smile:

To do the sustainability for regular Star Berries it just put foliage, air, foliage, air. Then air, foliage, air foliage and repeat. Glossy put tangle in the center and make a diamond around it. That’s what worked for me

We have a big farm lol, we have many sections of the starberries so didn’t need to go wider than the four blocks :wink: just from harvesting yesterday I got a ss and plenty of extra seeds.