Stargate/Battlestar Galactica Discussion. Also other shows! Come tell your favorites!

Lol I just meant because of the name :sweat_smile: tho I dunno how different battlestar is from Stargate. Plus the green. You like green don’t ya :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Battlestar is a joke.
Stargate is life.

That’s the difference :rofl:

6 Likes

:open_mouth:

1 Like

:sob:

Seriously you don’t like battlestar? Do you at least like the Expanse?

2 Likes

Love the Expanse. Sad to hear season 6 is the last season.

I still regret the time of my life I wasted on watching all seasons and movies of Battlestar.

Ever watch Stargate? SG1, SGA, SGU? If you haven’t highly recommend it. Watched it since I was just a small little (chubby) Bob lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve watched stargate, I just don’t care for the Egypt aliens plot line. Other than that it’s really good.

1 Like

Indeed, Stargate for life. :grinning:

1 Like

This could have been a great addition to the Stargate genre. IMO it never was given a real chance. But I also think that some of the writing was a little weak.

1 Like

Even though SGU is like a discount BSG, it’s still my favorite Stargate series.

2 Likes

I apologize for all the talk I have caused about TV shows :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

imo SGU has a ton of potential but its style went against what the fanbase was already used to. We were used to a season arc storyline but each individual episode had its own story that had a ending aside from the 2 parters. you were watching it and got closure to
episodes often so you were are peace.

however with SGU they went only with the season arc story, ditching the individual self contained stories. Although it makes it easier to write for the show it left the viewer unsatisfied. Most of the story was never finished until the end of the season and so the viewer would be watching a series of ‘to be continued’ left without any satisfying conclusion to something along the way. which stresses the viewer over time.

was SGU wrong to do this style? no, they can certainly try something new…but it sadly didn’t work out.

Spoiler…new stargate in the works :heart_eyes:

Wait is this a stargate topic? I see something about a sovereign in the title :crazy_face:

This is the exact reason I feel bad for bringing up the shows

2 Likes

#BlameFire???

2 Likes

Sure why not…then lets party on the soverign planet after.

Whoa whoa whoa… Wait… hold up there for a second… New Stargate in the works?! Is this for definite? Any info on it yet? Any linkage? I need the deets! I NEED STARGATE BACK IN MY LIFE!!! * cries *

1 Like

Yeah wait what’s this about new stargate?

I like an ongoing arc better than stand alone episodes personally. But I understand why studios do stand alones.

Oooh, Found this from 5 days ago (I forgot about Gateworld. Shame on me!) and yep, it’s still going ahead but has been slowed due to the pandemic. And most importantly, it’s not a reboot and will exist in the same universe as the previous shows. YES! :smiley:

4 Likes

meanwhile, all the cool kids be like…

fs3127

5 Likes

What show is that??