Stat Cap

Are there hard and or soft stat caps?
Like if I wanted to take all the protection stats, then the protection epic AND take a shielding pie, does it all stack. It seems to on the character screen but not sure about ‘in use’

There are no hard caps on any stats except for a few stats and to my knowledge only in edge-case scenarios.

The only one I can think of though is action speed, which has some hard cap that I think @Mayumichi tested very, very long ago, when Fast Buff bombs first came out, if I recall correctly.

I think in most cases the stacking here is actually extra generous.

Like, some bonuses I would have expected to be additive seem to be multiplicative.

Speed has the only hard caps I’m aware of, there is the 125 tool action speed cap NerArth mentioned, and a maximum acceleration you can achieve, as well as a max overall movement speed which is hard to hit for more than a moment - unless you’re flying. This is clear from dev discussion.

I haven’t heard of any others.

1 Like

I think there is a cap in regards to grapples as well… maybe reel in speed but my memory is failing me at the moment

There is some info here on it

3 Likes

Thanks all :slight_smile: It’s funny how I’ve pretty much split out tasks/crafts to all my alts or skill pages and I stillll don’t have neough points to do what I want ;). I was curious about how best to find a balnce between stats/brews/food to be the best that I can beeeeee. I didn’t want to be wasting anything accidently.

3 Likes

Glad you had the link lol. That’s the acceleration cap I was talking about.

I know flying makes some people queasy in game -
I wonder how hard it would be to react to instant 40 m/s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like