Static Plots please

I am not sure if this has been suggested in the past, I was not able to find a post on it. I would like an option on owned plots to have a Static on/off setting. This way when you know you are finished with a build you are able to make it so the blocks can not be destroyed unless you wish them to.

16 Likes

Just to twist this a bit, perhaps a Finishing Tool that locks every block you hit with it, until you hit it again with a Finishing Tool.

The reason I would want that over beacon-level control is so I can protect my chisel work in the middle of a build. Some of those angles were hard to get!

this would be nice, to be able to lock a beacon and prevent changes.

It would prevent things like this:

4 Likes

True
I damaged my build countless times (with the famous repeating action bug).

it’s sad that it’s famous :frowning:

1 Like

We are trying to get to the bottom of it in this thread! If you have a QA/dev/scientific methodology and a lot of free time then maybe you can help figure it out!

Great idea!

I mean the pain, when a lagspike hits you at the same time you try to hit that spitter with you 3x3 hammer :sob:

The pointless destruction :cry::sweat:

1 Like

For example i was standing in my kitchen and noticed my health low. My base is in the sky quite high up above Bramble Land hub. so im just standing there and well i have heal bombs on me so i think why not. Keep in mind i have no grapples on me for what ever reason. Well i throw the bomb and stand over it. Well come to find out it was a set that I had not forged yet. Suddenly… my furnace is going up and I’m going DOWN! I see the city around me in all its splendor. Then i realize what is happening look down just in time for a face plant!

Edit: I feel this would be an amazing quality of life benefit

2 Likes

Yes exactly this is one of the reasons i live in the sky now!

:joy::rofl::joy:

Its at times lile this i love the autorecord function on the ps4 :grin:

1 Like

I need to start recording my gameplay. i just sat there…irl thinking, I just got over the last death penalty. TIME TO GO MINING!

Hah, yeh after getting everything up and running and becoming self supplied with pies, brews gem tools and your own forge setup the death penalty doesnt really matter. I mean i level atleast 2-3 times a day with building, mining and crafting. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if there is a simple solution where you can change your own permissions on a beacon, for example by removing your own builder permission.

9 Likes

This sounds awsome and maybe easily implemented too? :grin:

Nothing like having a beer or two and then accidentally dropping a bomb in your base.

That would be a amazing feature to add remove our building rights. Though without that I don’t think you can open locked doors…

1 Like

This would be pretty nice to have. I have a gleam farm I’m working on and have to be careful around my infrastructure. Lol

I would love this feature because there are times that I have to take out a rogue cuttletrunk or something and I end up destroying some of my house/store/etc.

1 Like

That would be a quick fix and a welcomed one

Or have an option so only silver tools can damage base materials that we can toggle on/off