Status of Boundless: Endless developement or milestones achieved?

Hi everyone,

about a year of silence due to my project in a foreign country, time consuming and difficult.

I joined the community about 2016 (if I remember right) that time in an alpha version.
I was enthusiastic to participate in testing, sposoring brainstorm, discussing ideas and concepts.

The my passion slept in a bit, because the developement focussed on details hard to explore for a tester. So I kinda got bored due to lack of new content to explore.

However now I am back! And what can I say, I am a bit lost. The forum (once restructured in different categories to make it easier for the user to read about for him important content) now is exploding of information and posts.
In the past year I rarely saw any big comments or highlights about Boundless in big game magazines or anywhere else.

It is very hard for me to say where Boundless status is at the moment. It would be cool to find posts of the status of what is Boundless now. Even in Alpha, what are playable key features, videos supporting an overview and showing ingame progress and features main features highlighted.

Is that somewhere existing? Please post below.

Or do I have to read through 100s of giant news and devlog posts?

I also would like to know, which milestones on the way to the final game are achieved already? Is there any end of developement in reach? Or will Boundless just be alpha/beta forever? Or did it already change and I just didn’t grasp it?

@james I can see you guys are really doing a lot. I see the amount of news and devlog posts and the tons of infos insight. But key questions for me I hardly get answered if I do not read it all.

Where is Boundless status now?

An proposal by me: in case there is some kind of milestone plan (milestones to be achieved about every 3 month). Then it would be nice to get an status update of the condition of the complete game, each time such a milestone is reached. and this should be listed in a further category here in this forum. Because now it’s quite a lot info to walk through before you get an idea of where are you guys now.

4 Likes

you could try @Jiivita’s videos they go over the patch notes and changes.

Also welcome back!

3 Likes

1 Like

Don’t you mean this one?

1 Like

indeed…:sunglasses:

thanks already :slight_smile:

2 things:

1st) it’s not so appropriate that I can only find out by the effort of community members isn’t it?

2nd) is there a link to that table? have a bad resolution to scroll through and is it something official? or fan made?

the one @boundmore linked is a community wishlist, the one I linked is made by @luke-turbulenz https://trello.com/b/w3PvuO3w

Thanks for that. should be some kind of sticky somewhere on the forum mainpage, not?

Further. What means exit of early access:

a) entering the full game?

b) entering from alpha (early access) to beta phase?

And one more thing; is there any section to propose an addition to that list? Or questions if something might be missing?

1 Like

Leaving early access will be when we get to version 1.0, which will mean a full game afaik. On the trello thing you can see things that are post-1.0, which means they will be worked on after early access is done.

Just wondering right now that titans, and random dungeons should not be part of 1.0

also wondering that there won’t be kinda fix dungeos for groups on some planets. Sturctures like beaconed areas that cannot be destroyed by players and function like raid instances in wow. I thought that would come. And would like it, because it creates some unique places on planets which cannot be deformed.

Titans, to my knowledge, will not be in 1.0 as they are more end-game style content and players are not expected to be able to reach that stage rapidly.

As for static dungeons, they may well be being worked on secretly (Disclaimer: I have no idea if they are even going to exist, let alone anything else), but in the interim, before any additional content like that is announced, there are meteor events which occur on most of the current planets and are open (player scaled) events for as many players that are in the area at the time of participation.

6 Likes

Okay thanks for the hints.

But topics like end game content not be expected to be reached too fast: Many developers underestimated the speed of gamers already.

I won’t be one of them since I am no hardcore gamer. But WOW is the perfect example…

1 Like

i myself am minimally annoyed about how long this is taking also - to a fair extent and here is why

• every year for the past 2-3 we have been told once the summer months had come we will be releasing in December/January

• for at least those 2 years dsecember/january has come and long gone…

note This was said last summer that it would be dec/jan… and then (iirc) in january last year we were told we will release this… as in last… summer

I think we have a right to be slightly annoyed… i understand EA… i understand hold-ups and set back considering my steam library has at least 10 ++ EA games - howver, as i will always maintain - this game is fun… and i love it - but to be very honest… it does get boring… sometimes fast, sometimes slow (depeding on how often the updates are - and we have had a fair few since the start of the year in comparisson to othre years… does this mean we are very close now?)

1 Like

Maybe we get some very nice ‘patience and loyalty’ reward once they go 1.0 :stuck_out_tongue:
And the longer you are registered as backer and contributing to developement, the cooler your gift :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, no idea then what kind of reward would guys like @Havok40k @Stretchious @dwarvenname @Zouls
You have to be creative @james :wink: it must be something unique and undestroyable. Maybe some kind of armor decoration? an own tattoo / symbol? whatever could be carried around and displayed to the outside.

But as humble as I know those guys, they would not even want it :wink:

3 Likes

people that start now are just as important as people wo started in the first days :grin:
it could be that a backer only played a week two years ago that doesnt make him better then someone playing 2months now we all backers there no such thing is an earlyer backer in my opinion
and we defenitly need sunglasses for backers :grinning:
sunglasszs

4 Likes

just started thinking those make no sence so i made these
sunglass

3 Likes

I didn’t even think that I’ve been here that long. Really, I don’t mind what the rewards are for long-term backers, I just want to see a polished and enjoyable experience some day in the future. I guess some sort of vanity item like a title or pet would be fine though.

1 Like

You didn’t get the point. It is not about importance. It is about valuing loyalty my friend. If you work for a certain time in a company, a good company also values your loyalty with certain benefits like more holidays or a certain anniversary bonus payment.

People who are loyal are of course a player like everyone else. But loyal gamers improve the image of sustainibility for a game. As well as loyal workers improve the image for a company as a good long term employer. You might have seen other successful game companies, i.e. blizzard, who give gifts to people who are loyal for certain times. It is also motivation for new players to stay longer if they want to reach a certain status / title / gift. It definetly benefits reputation of a game / developer. Therefor my post was a hint.

But thank you for the qualified comment. It was discrediting but obviously not through thought.

3 Likes

That is humble and genuine, nice attitudes. Some others might think the same. But i believe everyone would be a bit happy to see some little gift in its post box some day. A sign from the devs that they value your loyalty. Some gift that short term gamers cannot achieve.

I for myself would be happy to display my loyalty by a title or character decoration to the outside world.

1 Like