Steam Deck

Ok, tempted to preorder tomorrow… :heart_eyes: An even more mobile Boundless option! :wink:

Do have some reservations here though, how well it will actually work with my favorites, and comfort of playing. With the Switch at least, it is murder on my hands and wrists without ergonomic joy cons like the Hori Split Pad Pro.

2 Likes

You should be able to pair an xbox or PS controller, or use the dock to do keyboard & mouse. I do suspect it’s going to be murder for anyone who has small hands. Better get one of those grip exercisers now to get ready if you don’t plan on using a separate controller :wink:

We’re planning on ordering one of these for @InferiorRose since she has to actually go in to work sometimes, and her work laptop runs Boundless as a slideshow.

2 Likes

Thinking on it more, I probably will go ahead and preorder tomorrow… after all, if I decide later I don’t want it, since I CAN get in a preorder the first couple days (luckily they are requiring a Steam account with a purchase before June 2021 for the first two days, that should help with all the scalpers grabbing up the first batch), if I don’t want it when it comes, I doubt I’d take a loss if I decided to sell. Better to go ahead and get in early in case I do want it.

Edit: Actually, with the dock, having a very simple, easy way to play Steam games on the TV with a controller alone makes it worth it to me really. :slight_smile:

1 Like

don’t have a need for one but I’m trying hard to think of one…

2 Likes

That’s really good on the ergonomics. :+1:That was one of my main concerns, as regular joy cons on the Switch kill my hands, as I mentioned.

Glad I jumped in and got my $5 in to reserve in the first ten minutes or so. :slightly_smiling_face: Really looking more and more forward to it. Buying more on Steam, and have a bunch more wishlisted where I will wait and see how they work with it.

2 Likes

The whole package just looked my expectations and laughed in their face and it’s still early days.
Plopped down the 4 quid as I’m sure by summer 2022 (probably 2023 now…) I’ll have thought of some justification :sweat_smile:

Look forward to seeing how you get on with it, @bucfanpaka :+1:

2 Likes