Steam issue only with this game

i have reinstalled the game multiple times added the game to the firewall (norton) verified the game files on steam, i have also cleared the download cache on steam. it shows the game running for about 20 secs then it flicks up its syncing and then nothing. I even uninstalled all my other steam games removed steam and the first game i added was this one and i still cant get the game to load, every other game i have reinstalled works fine. im running windows 10 all my specs are well above the recommended but still nothing i even took off norton did multiple reboots and tried to get it when there was no firewall and it still wouldnt work. any ideas please.any possibility the key was corrupted?

Can you check if there is a crash dump / game log file by following these instructions …

Hi there!

I notice that your post doesn’t say what’s going wrong? Can you not install it? Getting an error message trying to run it? Doesn’t it want to start (does nothing when hitting play)?

From what I can see the issue is that the game does nothing when hitting play other than syncing to the steam cloud.

Did the game not create any log files at all?

1 Like

I had this same issue in the past and I had to update my drivers and restore my computer to a previous date. I believe my windows update didn’t install correctly. However the second time it worked fine.

Might this be the issue:

2 Likes

This happened to me when first installing too. Turns out Avast was detecting it as a virus, but was not showing a message since I use it in silent mode (so nothing would happen except a small download every time). Disabled it and no problems since.

Worth trying to install the dependencies manually.
In Steam there should be a folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Boundless\_CommonRedist
with three folders;-
DirectX
DotNet
vcredist

Go in to the DotNet\4.5.1 folder and there should be a NDP451-KB2872776-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe and run that. Similarly run vcredist\2015\vc_redist.x64.exe

I assume its a 64bit version of Windows 10?

3 Likes

michaelb
i love you the second one worked. i was talking myself into buying a new pc because of it.

4 Likes