Stop the gleambow fighting please

Especially with this behaviour :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I was harassed.

6 Likes

Also there are 50 regions as has been said and also 4 planets as that has been said also. Why is this single region and single planet being targeted for using the event and having fun. There is plenty of room. Why should they have to move? Thatā€™s like telling people to move there settlement because someone doesnā€™t like it.

3 Likes

People have been complaining in universal chat, some new people that got harassed said they were gong to quit over it, and one well-known group told a well-known player that they werenā€™t going to be allowed to have a single block, etc. It IS happening.

7 Likes

Then that person or persons will be dealt with Iā€™m sure. Though you canā€™t single the entire group or because of one individual.

No. The game says the gleambows are for everyone. The problem comes from some players saying there are different rules & verbally attacking players that arenā€™t with their group.

7 Likes

People are most likely tired of defending them selves because they are being attacked over and over.

1 Like

Would I be fine with it? I might not like it, but that is just too bad for me or anyone else. Especially now James has made it clear that there is no violation of the games rules, then there is no need for harassment or bullying which I do think does violate ingame rules.

They donā€™t and if other players get the meteors they spawn then that is the chance they take. They know how it works and are accepting the risk so no need to even chat with someone that is taking a meteor they felt they spawned since spawning a meteor generates no ownership rights.

4 Likes

The private GB event groups need to be considerate of other players as well.

Other players are spending their coin too, using $400 speed brews, using ice pops, mutated sacs, etc to run after a GB meteor they see falling out of the sky. Then to be told they are stealing the meteor when they reach it and that they need to leave.

11 Likes

Though people arenā€™t being considerate of the people that are spending 7-10k a pop on augments to try and spawn their own. Iā€™ve said what I wish. Yā€™all have fun. Muting this topic.

2 Likes

I agree with @majorvex too. This is a race and some people donā€™t know about the groups or forums to participate in the group activity. Not only that some people want to make it a PvP racing event. Some people WANT more PvP action. A race is as close as some will get at this point. If you spawn a GB on a natural GB planet then you can not be mad when a solo player starts racing to it using the money they also paid for speed brews or what not. Itā€™s mostly just a selfish take to assume your way of playing is right and other people shouldnā€™t be able to play the way theyā€™re trying to. Some people WANT a race. If you donā€™t want to race for your own GB then do it on a non natural planet. Itā€™s literally as simple as that.

3 Likes

Simply because the rules are very clear in the event, and if there is a group that wants to follow different rules while giving away a bunch of giant meteorites with many blocks voluntarily spending their increases, why not use them?

Letā€™s not fool ourselves, It does not occur to anyone to build a large building with millions of prestige on land that is not beaconed, anyone can go and get many high prestige blocks for free.

It is difficult to reject free blocks, especially when there is a lot of interest in those blocks.

in addition to this, in a game where we have players who are used to looting beacons that were expired while exploring the world, do you think they are not going to loot a giant meteorite that is full of cash? there is a lot of interest in the awards for these meteorites.

1 Like

It is oddly funny to read this talk about momey. It is virtual money. In a game. Where you are supposed to have fun. If you start talking about it with words like ā€œworkā€, ā€œlots of moneyā€, ā€œit makes me angryā€, itā€™s time to take a break.

3 Likes

When a gleambow gets summoned they will land as far away as possible from the player, so there a chance that the meteor will land closer to someone else, and on a gleambow meteor world like circ the chances of someone else getting to the meteor before the person that summon it increases while the event is still active.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the point im trying to make. why are people summoning them on the 4 GB planets and getting mad when a solo player assumes it could be natural? 200 regions or not thereā€™s still the chance people are gonna assume itā€™s a natural spawning GB

5 Likes

Well, my base is right in the middle of it and I am getting tired of all the swearing "wtf"s and bitchingā€¦ and tbhā€¦ with everyone chasing gleambows I gave up chasing at all, as I never know which oneā€™s a free one and which one was summoned (i noticed people shouting they popped one, yet the one that came down right in front of my house was a free oneā€¦ missed opportunity). So to be fair, I canā€™t blame people just going for itā€¦ I am just staying out of it now, another thing that killed the fun for me in Boundlessā€¦

5 Likes

Just the person I mentioned. Iā€™m on the other side of river so I feel your annoyance. It got old very quickly

2 Likes

a) Lazinessā€¦ the farming platforms were built there, in a good spot neverthelessā€¦
b) Easinessā€¦ itā€™s all flat, barely any hills in the wayā€¦ (i would say lakes are but with the last addition the lake - ergo my base - has been iced over) :wink:

They are, but itā€™s their decision to do that. The game does not state ā€œif you spend that much on augments, no one can touch itā€. Henceā€¦ if you do, itā€™s your choice, but you need to leave other peopleā€™s choice too if they decide they are there and wanna make use of a meteorite. Itā€™s in their right.

Also, people took over my base and its surrounding for this hunt which means I barely (or rather get no) chance at all to chase a free meteor. Who considered me? No one. Yet itā€™S allowed by the devs, so who am I to complain. Therefore shouldnā€™t you either.

If you feel like you would new rules implemented, that will have to go to the devs so they can consider and do that. Until then, the rule is ā€œfree for allā€.

I am against swearing, yet WTF does not seem to be filteredā€¦ so I have to live with itā€¦ thatā€™S what the devs decided to do, so thatā€™s what it is. I cannot make my own rule ā€œno one is allowed to say WTFā€ and then go and complain everywhereā€¦ just because I have a different standard than the devsā€¦

To be honest, we can go around in circles with these argumentsā€¦ and not get anywhereā€¦ letā€™s assume this was the last rainbow event of this kind and hopefully next time a better implementation will have been made.

6 Likes

Two suggestions:

I do want to suggest again what I said in another thread: if you are asking somebody to not take a spawned meteor on one of the four naturally spawning Gleambow worlds and they agree, it would be a very nice gesture to drop something on them, like one of the Gleambow treats. Get any bad taste out of the mouth, so to speak. :wink: After all, they may have easily dropped a lot of coin on buffs for going after it, and perhaps even made a choice to go for it rather than another they could have gottenā€¦ and not even any sacs to show for it. Most people will play nice, but it doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re walking away happy about it, a kind gesture like that could make a lot of differenceā€¦ it would for me. This bears repeating-

Also, maybe we could get an official dev statement in the Community chat, or added on the announcements when you log in about Gleambow, that you spawn a meteor at your own risk, and reiterate/encourage review of the CoC - that verbal abuse isnā€™t tolerated? Might help to just give the people dishing out the insults a heads-up theyā€™re being watched and this isnā€™t allowed, that continuing on with it could result in sanctions?

5 Likes