Stop the gleambow fighting please

The more people the bigger they are should get gleam meteors with over 2k+ gleam if enough are there. I outlined the reasons for circa the main one is people need the natural meteors for it to be self sustaining 24/7 and we are trying to attract new gleambow people minus the few trolling people. I personally haven’t had a negative interaction with anyone but I generally offer augments when people smash the meteor i spawned so they can go chase their own rather then attacking the the groups. Jaidic earlier today was launching meteors one after another for the randos. Once you get out here and see how helpful everyone is you’ll see how the forums are not a good representation of whats happening out here.

3 Likes

I went over just now, I was there for a few, even did one myself, got a glass one on first try, nice!

But ehmm, I find the other way of play much more engaging, I need a tad more excitement I suppose, haha. I will come back tomorrow tho and help out and spawn one or two as well, but am also gonna chase 'm the old fashioned way!

3 Likes

Yeah some people like the good old fashion way and there is 0 issue with that. The portals however really help newer players that struggle with grappling to get to their own meteors

3 Likes

Honestly, if I’m out and about and a gleambow meteorite spawns, I’m going for it. And if you get people yelling to stay away, honestly you’ll be ignored. It’s a race. And whomever gets there first gets the spoils, regardless of how it spawned.
Not my problem if you get your underwear in a twist over it…

2 Likes

That has nothing to do with what I said, I was told to move and rebuild which is considered harassment and against code of conduct because it has been pretty relentless on the forums. I said we were here already with our builds, forcing us to leave is against the rules

By whom? No one can force you to leave.

1 Like

Not posting name or reporting anyone. Just defending our side of being attacked and what’s said to us too.

If you or your group aren’t going after players that are doing GB hunting, then you’re :+1: fine. I’ve wandered around the area again recently and haven’t noticed any issues :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Literally fighting over rainbows. mic drops

3 Likes

Some respecting what is going on and personally and speaking for the group as well want to thank you for doing so. you are more then welcome to run along picking up the oort from the complete meteors since you get 10-15 at a time ish which I have been seeing…

stay awesome and stay safe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a relatively new player around 600 hours of play and a Programmer myself I have been biting my tongue, but I can’t any more after reading all of this. So I am going to chime in here.
This all seems really like common sense to me and people need to start acting like adults.
1 It is a game
2 Yes the developers & moderators have said time and time again it is just a race
3 The most important some of you could just simply show some common courtesy to other players and not be a tool just because you have the resources and assets to feel empowered in game to do so!
I say this because I too have already been at a meteor and all of a sudden one of these groups or random few players descend and start taking the GB. Ok yes they are not wrong for doing so because it is a race. However players could do like I do and if someone else is already working on it just let them be and go spawn another GB. Because lets face it you already lost the race by not being there first!
You don’t have to be a douche about it because it is not like the GB are hard to come by. Once again as a Programmer myself believe me when I say the developers could make the GBs a lot harder to spawn and make them almost non existent if they wanted to. Worse yet, just remove the event all together.
As a Programmer I can tell you guys that you are giving the Devs a headache over all this bickering and sooner than later don’t be surprised if they just indefinitely hold off GB until they think that everyone can handle being mature playing it(which from what I see here in the forums that is just a pipe dream)
I have seen the infighting in the game and it is really beginning to turn me off all together from the game. This ticks me off because I do really like the game more so than any other game I have played in the past 5 years.

To me it is quite simple how we as players should be handling GB

1. Be kind and Don’t hunt in 20 30 man groups (yes I have seen them moving across the map like a plague) and I avoid them and leave the planet most of the time. 3-5 man groups ok that’s cool but these huge hunting parties are just totally ridiculous as these are not normal meteors.
  2. If you come up to a GB and someone is already there working on completing it be a good person and just go spawn another. Let them finish what they started, its called courtesy and sportsmanship. Besides, once again you have already lost the race because you were not their first!
  3. Stop the infighting, it really is childish and could really be solved by 1 and 2 above.

I know this is going to really fall on deaf ears but alas just trying to be a good community member and try to get you guys to see reason because if everyone did the above there would be more than enough GBs to go around, heck I have seen 5 and 6 spawn at a time if there is heavy active population on the planet so the Devs are obviously making sure there is more than enough to go around.

If you think the Devs are unreasonable with their stances I would tell you that you would hate me as the developer because I would program into the system that

1. If more than say 5 people remained around the GB for more than 15 seconds it would be immediately lost
  2. whoever got their first and was there for for greater than 5 secs they would be the only ones with access to the GB.

As the Dalai Lama says “The interesting thing about greed is that although the underlying motive is to seek satisfaction, even after obtaining what you want, you’re still not satisfied. It’s this endless, nagging desire for more that leads to trouble. On the other hand, if you’re truly contented, it doesn’t matter whether you get what you want or not. Either way, you remain content.”

Have fun, be kind and courteous and lets end the GB event on a high note!

7 Likes

been thinking that for last two years lol :grinning:

1 Like

lunai dont you know?
theres gold at the end off them :smiley:

hes probably always to late for the gleambow like me :joy:
he sounds perfect for sunken town

1 Like

Oh. My. Gosh! you just made me realize the reason why you get gold from gleambows! I am slow at times but it all makes sense now :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh man I didn’t get it either.

1 Like

Actually no I have been quite successful, especially since I have friends on here that show me the ropes on everything and help. However other noobs are not so lucky, thus driving them away from the game.
I just have seen all of this behavior and it is not very sportsman like at all.

2 Likes

I just can’t resist saying this but those who flagged me must be fun at parties also.:joy:

4 Likes

im talking about the dalai lama not you lol

1 Like

You rang???

So this must be the big mob on circa that stole my meteor while I was fighting a gleam trunk that lifted me here comes a mob of like 8 took everything in seconds leaving me only a box and a couple gleam sacs jerks and now there crying serve them right