Street and Road plot for better urbanism

If that’s what it takes to get you to your happy place, who am I to stop you :wink:

3 Likes

So what if we establish some kind of Oortbahn Guild - each existing guild would delegate a few members to OG with a task to donate plots and build roads between largest settlements. It wouldn’t be a guild per se, rather a project using guild system to organize road network (home worlds priority I’d say - maybe even home worlds only).

1 Like

Nah once 1.0 comes out plots won’t be hard to get and should be roughly… infinite. Just takes time

1 Like

But if people joined Into said oortabahn I wouldn’t object. But I would make a massive ring in the sky around the entire planet. 3 plots wide fo’sho

4 Likes

Have the great sky road, and all major cities are built underneath it :stuck_out_tongue:

Nobody would be able to build underneath my road. You can’t claim a plot underneath.

But I could conceivably add drop downs for cities, or people would have to have one big building for stairs and then just shove the rest of the city on one side of the stairs

no proper highway without exits

I can even do a sloped angle away, although that might be MASSIVE depending on how tall I make my high way. I was gonna make Yggdrasil, but I like the highway better

1 Like

Yggdrasil sounds cool - it could be standing in the center point

• where north/south and est/west rings of the road meet

I have ideas. But someone else would have to build Yggdrasil while I’m doing the massive roadway sir. This idea is already big enough. Especially since Yggdrasil basically means a 50 block wide tree

1 Like

I thought they were going to change that?

Either way, the plots could just be owned by the town, it wouldn’t be too difficult to do that.

what they are changing are a single beacon, so that you can make an O shape, or more properly [] with your plots, WITHOUT NEEDING TO FILL IN THE MIDDLE.

i don’t know what they’re doing about somebody ELSE building underneath my roads

2 Likes

Ah ok. I do hope they at least allow the option to let other people claim above/below your plot, for stuff like making apartment buildings or building on the side of a cliff/mountain.

2 Likes

I think that planned permission system might work to that effect. I mean if you get a builder permissions in someone’s beacon the logic of the implemented system might let you add beacons and build around freely.

Work around this would be: oortbahn builder places separate beacon under the road on your request and adds you to that beacon. Not perfect of course.

Maybe only with some beacon permissions this will be available, cause I think the whole ‘dont build under and over someones plots’ is an anti-grief thing.

2 Likes