Stuns

Are there stuns in this game?

I’ve noticed several times when fighting that I am unable to fire my weapon.

There are no stuns.

What you experienced is your character running out of stamina. It’s the yellow looking bar under your green health bar on your screen.

3 Likes

No, I had 95%+ stamina each time. Could not fire. This happened many times on numerous fights.

I’ve had this happen, with full energy. It’s rare when I’m just roaming around shooting wildstock. It’s most frequent and annoying when doing meteors, particularity when things are just spawning. I’m making a wild speculation that it’s to do with server-to-client bandwidth issues since there seems to be a correlation with degraded server traffic performance and hunting (as described in the bug thread).

if you click too fast (like mashing click) you wont fire. You need to somewhat time your clicks to match the fire rate.

1 Like

Fair enough. That seems to make sense since in doing meteors I’m clicking like a madman. Thanks, @Simoyd.

you can click a TINY bit before the next shot is ready, but if you just mash it will lock up ur weapon.

If you pick up the Rapid-Fire epic skill you’d be able to shoot faster. Same goes for slingbows with high action speed on them.

1 Like

A graphical indication would help imho. For example the sling icon could get darker when it is on cool down, or something like that.

If this jamming stuff is right, then it is way too easy to trigger - i was hunting a lot yesterday and from what i could say it was a bit random. One moment every click triggered shot than three in a row didn’t than again shooting. I was more or less doing the same thing all the time. Panic clicking not applied here because I was hunting easiest possible stuff without any close calls and those jams occurs without any kind of rule regardless of how slowly i fired…
Only thing is i was able to observe - few first shots are okey than every shot can trigger jam for few seconds.

when something hits you you are kind of stunned and cant fire for 1>2 sec… i have tested extensively (both empty and max energy)