Suggest an audio setting "Play in background: on/off"

I think this game is designed perfectly for being active in the background while you alt-tabbed out to do other stuff, then come back later. It’s slightly annoying that I have to manually open my windows Volume Mixer and mute Boundless when I tab out and again unmute when I tab back in.

Therefore I suggest a simple audio setting “Play in background: on/off”. I imagine that such a setting would be extremely easy and cost effective to implement?

2 Likes

I think settings in general are a bit lackluster. Could use with way more graphic setting such as longer render and viewing distance, turning of or lowering particles like rain or fog. Would be nice to lower the effect of the sun, keeps blinding like crazy on certain worlds.

I second that thought!

I’d like to have an on/off for the general sound as you initially suggested RagnarLothbrok, however I don’t think they would do that as they’ve already given us the ability to turn each sound bar down in the options. They would expect players to either do that or what you’re currently doing via the VM.

I would really like to see a setting to scale down the gaps between the music tracks though. I find that the breaks are way too long at times and it frustrates me. Building with just effects can be so mind numbingly boring. You guys have made SO MANY amazing tracks for it, yet only certain ones get repeated and others still unused. It’s annoying to have to turn down the music and still keep effects up whilst playing the tracks separately in the background via steam when playing/building.

1 Like

Dang that’s a bit sad to hear if they wont do this, since “play in background on/off” is pretty much the standard in mmo’s. Sorry if I sound a little disappointed here, but especially for a builder game like Boundless where you can be in the safety of your base crafting, and then you feel like a break to watch a video or check mails you can just alt tab out. This option really should be there. In my humble opinion at least.

Agree on the amazing soundtracks though, they are really good

1 Like