Suggestion: chance to find bones when breaking or collecting a plant etc

We all know there’s not enough bones in the game. I’ve been thinking for a while of ways to introduce more.

What if every time you broke or collected a plant or boulder etc there was a 5% or 10% chance of finding a bone “under” it? Better chances on higher tier. I imagine that an old wildstock died leaning against the boulder or nestled in the desert sword. This would be a buff for harvesters and would be a cool mechanic for adding more bones to the game.

• Yes please!
  • No thanks!

0 voters

1 Like

I could see possibly making it so bones are a byproduct of mining fossils.

( @DKPuncherello insert poll here if ya like idea lmao)

5 Likes

Theres plenty of bones.
People are just to lazy to farm the bones that’s the reality. if it were to adapt to laziness I’d say increase the drop rate and amount or more mob spawns

3 Likes

I agree, seeing more bones on the market would be great - but making hunting more enjoyable is the ONLY fix that needs doing for increasing the supply of hunting resources :slight_smile:

9 Likes

There is plenty of bones… 1h in a group hunt will bring you at least 1SS of bones

5 Likes

Instead of plants dropping bones, I would like to see big mobs drops more bones & other basic drops.

3 Likes

What if the way you harvested animals determined what loot you got…? Maybe hitting them with a shovel gives more bones (but no meat) etc.

And holding a loot stick just continues to give current default loot…

2 Likes

How about crafting fossils into bones.

I’ve got stack of bones so I don’t really need them. But I know people making tools or marble go through them like crazy.

3 Likes

My guild has a surplus of 10s of thousands of bones, and we aren’t even a hunting guild. Idk, maybe time to put some on the market?

2 Likes

I’m up for anything that gets me away from hunting. And the price of buying oort and bones has gone beyond what I’m willing to pay

There could be different kinds of bones, like small, medium, and large. They could be represented by skulls, femurs, or ribs. Obviously the bigger bones would be drops from mighty and elite bois. Then you throw the bones into the compactor to make powder, which is then used for recipes.

3 Likes

I think it’d be a fun idea.

However, shortage of bones is merely a symptom of a bigger issue, namely shortage of hunting materials.

Maybe we can also find a dusty old hopper core, a rotten hopper eye or some broken oort shards under these plants? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

bone is only 2-3.5c a piece at mo.

Where? I’m seeing people paying 7-10c each.

https://butt.boundless.mayumi.fi/#item=ITEM_BONE_BASE

This website is made of gold. Look at how many offers to sell between 3.5 and 7, and how many people want to buy above 8.

2 Likes

shhhh dont let out that secret :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha. Darn, quick, to the delete button!!

All kidding aside, looking at the numbers, if you want any decent amount, you’re still paying at least 6 each.Which is easily triple from what it was before.

1 Like

hahaha,tbh the other day i spent 4 hours flipping and went from 20k to 144k,today i bought 4000 pulsing orbs and sold 2k of them 5 doors down (bought for 9c each and sold for 15c)

Yeah, flipping with the shop scanner is already a good way to make some money, but now with @Mayumichi’s fantastic BUTT, it’s become even easier!

4 Likes