Suggestion: streamer rewards

Personal opinion on streaming Boundless: It’s very different to a lot of games and ‘harder’ to stream due to the nature of the slow gameplay - which is the enjoyable gameplay we love, but just translates hard into streaming (especially in this meta of high octane hyped gachibass streams).

Streaming hunting is easier but would also be a lot better with improvements to hunting to make it more engaging - but that’s been covered in lots of different topics.

As for rewards, there was/still is a discount code system which rewards the streamer + user of the code. But that runs into the problem of having someone watch your stream usually means they’ve already got the game. But good for spreading the word to their friends.

Edit: More on topic - having a little cosmetic reward for streaming a certain amount of hours sounds like a pretty cool idea, nothing too cool but just unique

2 Likes

To be honest I enjoy playing but I sleep watching a stream of boundless .

2 Likes

8:00 AM

“What is up Youtube subscribers! Today we are playing Boundless, and we are going to make some unforged diamond hammers from scratch.”

farms some sap
kills some mobs for bones
cooks some glue
makes some vita essence
farms some orbs
begins crafting bonding agent
mines for 2 hours
begins a batch of compact diamonds
begins a batch of ancient essence
throws some spark on the grill
downtime for a couple hours
begins a batch of refined diamonds
goes to craft diamond hammers but does not have sticks
makes some sticks from the wood acquired during sap farming
begins a batch of diamond hammers

11:45 PM

“Aaaaand there you have it! One batch of diamond hammers. Remember to like, comment and subscribe!!”

10 Likes

Streams, video, screenshots… the more the better, IMO, I know several new players are here as a result of one seeing another new player streaming. :slight_smile: From what I’ve seen with content creators, a favorite reward is simply getting views and positive feedback - so I try to share stuff as much as possible. I think cosmetic rewards would be awesome too, but I think to be fair they’d need to be given not just to streamers but to others who put content out there to help and/or recruit as well, perhaps with special ones for individuals the devs consider to be going above and beyond (like with a few of our tutorial/overview video creators here, who definitely IMO deserve a lot of praise!), but basically, if there is to be something like that, anybody contributing should get something, as if that didn’t happen, you’d risk losing contributors who might feel snubbed or hurt if others got a reward and they did not.

4 Likes

This just gave me PTSD tbh. lolol

2 Likes

The struggle is real.

It’d be almost as bad as a 4 hour documentary on dung beetles :rofl:

5 Likes

“Watch the next three seasons where we forge them!”

4 Likes

They should name an exo in your honor, call it Pakkia or something :joy:

2 Likes

Hehehe, now that WOULD be quite awesome! :grin:

… It should have lots of pink and purple blocks, be loaded with gems and goo, and obviously, mushrooms. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a unlock loot like system in place.
So I’ve been playing Boundless, like many of us, for over a solid year. I know we have a crafting system = that works. But I wouldn’t mind seeing Unique Cosmetic items you can unlock as you reach certain level milestones.
Reward the player for playing. Level 10, level 20 etc etc.
Would this work?
I know we can buy cosmetic items using cubits but it would be nice to have some hidden cosmetics that cubits can’t buy.

It has potential for an ASMR style video or stream.

For a moment there, I thought you were referring to Palkia, the Spatial Pokémon.

6 Likes

That’d work too :joy:

1 Like

I think the more you enjoy the game when streaming the better. I personally do not need anything else

I’m agreeing that 20-25 bucks off-sale is a magic number.

40 is a bit steep, when the game isn’t as widely known as others. Such a price typically requires traction beforehand, to garner more sales at such a cost.

Yeah … me too … I’m not the most exiting streamer out there on the Twitchverse. I’m more of a silent guy who enjoys the game. So if people hop in and watch … great … if they use the chat … even better because then I have something to talk about.

But … the suggestion of having some 30 day trial game passes doesn’t sound that bad at all actually. Heck … offer a trial for everyone not only poeple watching YouTubers and Streamers.

4 Likes

Free weekend in the past was an absolute DISASTER - we got random little houses and beacons everywhere like Swiss cheese that lasted for months. But maybe if free stuff was restricted to one world it would be ok.

2 Likes

I reeeaaaalllly wish there was some type of streamer/trusted content creator program or something where we were allotted X number of temp 30 day passes/keys/codes, that we could give out to interested followers or people that PM us questions about the game.

4 Likes

There is an affiliate program with Squeenix where the content creator has their own discount code that they can give out for the Squeenix store. They then also earn a small commission on the sale. Only Jiivita has been allowed to have a code though afaik. Although with the recent price discrepancy between Squeenix and Steam, I’m not sure it’s currently worth it anyway.

2 Likes

I don’t think boundless is really suited for streaming for precisely this reason. You would need to have a super charismatic personality for me to watch you mine for 3 hours. But YouTube could work. With a little editing movie magic.

It could be well suited for tutorials, exploration, community showcases (interesting builds). You could create a series on interior design inspirations or advanced chiseling.

If you prepare ahead of time for this content you could produce some good stuff. It just takes a LOT of preparation,

To the OP though - I don’t like the idea of exclusive rewards for streamers. Unless … Maybe it comes along with rewards for other achievements like skins for mapping all the planets, or headpieces for helpful community members etc. Then there are some things for the rest of us to pursue as well. Not everyone can stream…

2 Likes