Tech in sand and fossils in mudd

just saying when a build needs loads of simple block digging please devs stick some goodies in it if not its a bore

and fosils in sand is not something weird lol

maybe you find a tarpit with a load off big bones
or a small gold treasure that ya can melt
or you dig up prebuild stuff random like ufo get some metal of that
maybe old shack in forest basic noob house good times for a newbie
if ya want more ideas like these just ask me
making em up on the spot lolz

7 Likes

forgot they find diamonds in sand to saw it on discoverychannel hahahah

i think gold should be found in sand that spawns under rivers so we can recreate the gold rush and maybe even fossials in clay and sand.

1 Like

It makes total sense to have resources more scattered rather than all underground. Not sure if any of you guys played RimWorld, but there when mining you could find compact machinery and steel in mountains, posing as ancient crashed ships. This would be useful for players and would also add that detail to the lore as well, giving you a feel of forgotten civilizations, wars, etc…

2 Likes

We are working on a whole new set of drops from blocks and creatures to be used in crafting. :slight_smile:

The aim is to have certain drops for normal blocks.

10 Likes

Meaning all blocks (rock, sand, mud etc.) dropping items the way we have with trunk and leaves?

1 Like

That’s the current intention. And with rarer drops on harder worlds.

5 Likes

That would be great! No more useless blocks.
Will animal drops be fixed like it is with trunk/leaf drops? Specific drops for each species? Or will you stick with bigger variety like it is now when animals drop a few different items?

1 Like

That is the plan. It is taking a while though because there will be a lot of new items and they all need interesting recipes and models.

But are models that important right now?

5 Likes

Sounds great to me!!

1 Like

I think at the moment it is more important to get function in the game then perfect models.

8 Likes

True, and recipes likely won’t be perfect anyways, so may as well give this to us in the next update for feedback :joy:

3 Likes

its just a sugestion its not important for moment
but i did wanted to mention it :smile: