Terrain fails to Render on Boori & Lasaina

A couple of days ago I was on Lasaina and didn’t get far from the portal when the terrain right in front of me failed to render. This first pic has the coordinates…

Obviously the collision loaded in because I was able to walk on where the terrain would be without falling through the world…

And tonight on Boori the same thing happened and this time it looked like there was a massive hole in the planet. I wonder if my regen bomb would have fixed it? (jk)…

I’m sorry but I didn’t get the Boori coordinates because seconds after taking the screenshot, a meteor had landed behind me and by the time I’d finished dealing with it, I’d forgotten to go back for them and was already home and dry before I remembered.

I’ve only seen this kind of thing on the 2 above mentioned worlds so far and only since the Empires update. It is kind of game breaking to a point where I was unable to explore much of those regions and turned back to the nearest portal.

Can you send in a log file (Options->Support->Submit Game Log) when its occurs and add the comment “failed to render chunks”?

Deleting your chunk cache could fix it - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\???\324510\local\chunkcache\data.mdb where ??? is your steamid number. If that does fix it let us know.

Those are both Australian servers on the same machine so looks like there is (was) be an issue for you getting that data.

2 Likes

I just did as you said and deleted the data file. I went back to Lasaina and to the spot where I had the issue there. Everything seems to be loading in just fine now. Thank You!

If it happens again I’ll be sure to submit a Game Log immediately.

Thank you very much, Michael! :smiley:

I get this when I mine too long. Happens quiet often to me. I sent in a log one time about it.

I have this problem on Houchas I often, I am in the US east coast.

Edit: I am on PS4 and will submit logs when it happens again.

If you’re on PC, you should try whay Michael suggested above. I can confirm that it works like a charm and I haven’t had the issue since. If you’re on PS4, let them know and hopefully something can be suggested to help you out. :wink:

Happens on every planet once in a while.

Have to say, the servers, or perhaps the code, is acting up. Since a couple of days lots of weird things are happing.

Portals not opening, constantly getting that the world is offline in sanctum, telling me to select another destination and then it retries and it works after a while.
Friendslists where it doesn’t load additional info like someone’s PSN id (which is normally immediately visible unlike rest of a player’s info).
Way more “unstable connection” messages than normally is the case.

Etc., etc.

Deleting the game and redownloading works too to delete locally stored game data like that…

Don’t forget you can rebuild the database on the ps4 as well. It’s actually a good idea to do every so often

True, but that’s just the OS’s database and doesn’t touch any game data files.

Ahh. Figured it did since I usually end up with more room on my PlayStation when I do it

All day today, whenever switching characters and trying to leave the sanctum. I get ‘Game Server Offline’ for about 30 seconds or so and then it’ll start to load and work properly. And when trying to open a location from the sanctum, I get the same thing.

Yep. Servers are acting up lately.

1 Like

Yeah that is indeed possible when it deletes other things OS related I am assuming…