Terrible Lag during Sovereign World Hunt

Hello there. Just wanted to report that during a hunt on Valhalla, that several of us faced significant lag while the meteor was active, with unplayable connection poping up constantly for myself for most meteors.

I was wondering if anything could be done about this - I already tried lowering chunk download rate in an effort to fix it, but to no avail.

Here is a link to my latest boundless log, if that helps.

Cheers

3 Likes

What region sovereign? What region did people have lag from?

Not really a new problem. I haven’t been on a hunt where there WASN’T lag.

IMO on PlayStation there should be some lower quality settings for group hunts

How many of you were there?

I was having the same issue and i live on this planet :frowning:

Valhalla
use7_t2_0
gs-live-use7

server IP shows they are in AWS East out of the Virginia and im out of Michigan getting about 65-100ms to the server in game, traceroute to the server shows 50MS

Last week brown had a hunt on this planet with more people and we were pulling down 6’s and the same people that had lag in my guild today were not having it last week.

The only difference is this was a speed hunt and we warped to the platforms where the other was a region clear style hunt.

Just check the stats for that hunt we had 31 people pulling down 6’s

Tonight we had about 16 pulling donw 3-4 so there was definately something up unless the sov planets just aren’t the same as official … :money_mouth_face:

I was hitting the submit game logs when each instance happen so im not sure if that was what i was supposed to do.

3 Likes

Region was Us East, was about 16 -ish people.

For me the lag was stopping the game for half a second every second, making it 100% unplayable.

I know its not a hardware issue because I turned the graphics down to potato quality and it made absolutely no difference.

1 Like

I bailed out of this hunt during the first meteor. Lag during meteors is one of the biggest things making me not want to play.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t blame ya honestly. This has been a recurring issue for every hunt ive hosted, but it was especially bad today, hence my post.

A big issue too is I cant lead hunts on EU worlds because id lag even more, and I also cant really lead hunts on AU worlds because the majority of the playerbase would lag even more, so im stuck on US ahah.

3 Likes

We hunt on PTG frequently with no issue and that’s maxing the planet out (40 people)

We hunted on Valhalla with 33 people with no real issue. Had bad ping when we exited the hub but was no issue after that.

I didn’t know that the chunk thing was a thing … so if I lower chunk size could that make my bloody portals open?

What time of day was this? I was getting lag on Literally Unplayable (uh, that’s the name of one of my sovereigns) on the USE server and I’m fairly certain I was the only one on the whole World.

Not un-coincidentally, a whole of of e-commerce is run out of the AWS datacentre that hosts the USE Worlds, and there has been some kind of local cultural celebration involving the worship of the diety of cash going on simultaneously. Perhaps it’s just logjam on the internet superhighway?

1 Like

We have had this issue on our Guild Sovereign Draconis Mundi from day 1. It always starts with a specific meteor falling in a specific spot. Doesn’t matter if its 3 or 30 on the hunt it still occurs. I have reported several times in game, so I hope they are looking into it.

1 Like

So i just realized the lag was only occurring during the meteor event.

After the event ends the lag goes away and portals didnt have anything to do with it because after warping to the speed hunt platforms we waited for meteors which spawned up to a minute later.

I wonder if other planets on the same aws instance have the same issue.

1 Like

At this point, dev acknowledgement from someone like @vdragon that it is an issue would be great.

I’ve always thought that It was an issue with myself (I have a pretty mediocre computer), but with this many people facing the same issue and with nothing seemingly being done about it i’m not sure what to do.

2 Likes

Nope not just you :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Normally the software engineers would be a better bet to ask, as they would have access to server logs.

@blake was there anything strange going on here over the past few days?

1 Like

Did any of you reporting lag have water bodies next to or on the way to the meteor? Saw anyone using those pops that freeze the water? I only experience lag when someone uses them.

We conducted a platform hunt using the same route as last week and did not experience the lag we had on the last hunt. I did submit game logs in case there was anything that helps versus earlier this week.