Testing 161: Statributes, Objectives, Settlements, Prestige!

I really like what I saw last night while recording. Sweet update. Really liked how the efficiency of using the correct tool has been fixed.

3 Likes

I should’ve mentioned that it was with leaves. Guess the fatigue from testing so much made me forget.

Good job.

Here’s my first look play through oh the test build.

4 Likes

Man I hope it happens, hopefully at the least PS4 can get a early access type of trial to the game. Would be good for stress testing servers between PC and PS4. Has there been any footage released from the event Boundless was playable on ps4 recently?

1 Like

@DanBeforeTime and @Steggs101 have some videos on pax east on their YouTube channel by the same name.

3 Likes

I personally won’t mind if they need to put it off for longer. Hopefully summer 18 at the latest but I would like to see everything done correctly, instead of pushing for a release. Although, if they can do it all this year then I’m not going to complain;)

4 Likes

The development went well the last months so I think at least dec '17 is not unrealistic. But I’m on your side: Better having a finished (well done and definitly balanced) game with some delay then a unfinished pre-final-version which leads to a bad start (see No Man’s Lie), especially when we are able to play it allready through EA (and help to make it better the same time :wink: )

4 Likes

i think the objectives need a little balancing, 15 objectives completed and only 2 skills opened.i would also like to see objectives to repeat, to complete same objective it would always need more gathering but provides more xp. if you can only repeat 1 objective daily that would mean that if i want to benefit from mining or cutting trees i can do it only 1 time in a day, that would be too slow.

Can we be able to put the repeatable objectives on loop?

2 Likes

I think there’s still more available objectives. Keep in mind, the ones we currently have are tier 1. I think we have enough dailies. Maybe include something like a special daily or weekly to keep it appealing or boost play time. Obviously in weeks like Easter or days like weekends, so most will probably benefit.

Progress is slower than what we’re used to. Much slower, but it doesn’t mean bad. It allows for a more detailed learning curve, and not as steep as we had, since we had so many possibilities at the start. Not a holding hands gameplay at all. Only much slower and detailed.

2 Likes

I like games were progress takes serious time, as long as you dont feel “limited” in possibilities by being non-endlvl. Best would be if the options to craft everything important (every kind of tool/wpn/… , not every high end ones) could be reached in 10-15h (if rushed) and real lvlcap not before 100h, better 500+ …

I played some games with slow progress, best examples in near past Shroud of the Avatar (a game by the maker of Ultima Online) and Elite Dangerous. I have 500h in SotA and still not even reached near max in one skill (and a normal character uses about 15-20 ^^), while I have about 1700h in Elite and not even reached max in all ranks or even a maxed out big ship … THAT is good progress :wink:

4 Likes

I feel leveling in test is much faster than in live. However, that might be because I having max miner and all the other skills are much harder to level. I do not think being able to put the active objectives on loop would make leveling faster, I just think it would save a pointless step to enable it each time it is completed. With a name of active, I feel like it should always be tracking progress.

2 Likes

I spent years leveling to max level in FFXI and I loved it. It took me years mostly due to me switching which job I was leveling every week.

2 Likes

Oh sorry my point didn’t get across. If it’s ease of life like you said and i thought when i read at first. I’m all for it.

I just didn’t think we really needed that much more dailies. We have over 20 already? And plus weeklies already keep me busy. I was just against making things easier to gain exp just cuz. Yours is a ease of life situation. And I’m all for it.

1 Like

Are Beacons from the ‘Normal’ server going away or are they permanent on the test server?

My guess is they will be updated with the new beacon systems when patch 161 goes on the “live branch”
So after awhile they will disapear i guess

1 Like

Do you plan e-mail notification about beacon/portal expiring? Like “Your beacon (Solum: 1564, - 230) will expire for one week. Return to the Boundless to fuel it up
You can also make Objectives notification: “You have following Objectives to resolve for this week:

Do you plan to make some APIs for web representing of characters (how I know it’s done in WoW), beacons/settlements (some kind of webcam perhaps besides of expiring/footfall/ranking info), portals (a widget with both sides of portal will be great) and trading plinths?

What do you think about to allow to major of settlement to expel some settlers by extra expiration of beacon? I imagine folllowing case:
Group of players have some agreement about outward appearance of their settlement. It may be “we are using only green timber from Nasharil in our buildings” for example. But somebody doesn’t want to follow this rule and uses red rock from Vulpto. How the most part of settlers and the major can push that player to subordination?
First thought I had is to set extra expire speed for beacon like 1.2×, 1.5× and 1.8× of normal as a penalty. Other ways are to limit maximal fuel capacity or to deprive a footfall salary.

The goal is most definitely still this year. More news coming soon, not as long as SoonTM :wink:

2 Likes

Glad to hear it! Can’t wait to see what’s coming up.

1 Like

You have a date when the 1.61 Bug fix patch will be released on the test Server