Testing 183: Creatures and Combat!

@james how shall we calling this meteorite technology that spawns mobs? :smiley:

in my opinion this dont need to be fixed
-your floating puzzle in jamesworld would not be possible then

-found use for it now its floor but not raised higher then the top off the ground blocks

5 Likes

This was originally reported in the issues topic for the live version, and the response given was that some signs will float by design, but other types probably should not.

what you mean by float by design
thanks for the reply :smile:
apreciated it

is this just oorstone or some kind off special oortstone

I’ll grab the original quote from that topic.

1 Like

sounds perfect no issue here :smile:

Sanctum + Tutorial + Objectives + Progression:
Changed it so that you can warp any distance with any size of Warp (skill limit still applies). No more frustratingly large Warps required. The ultimate aim is to encourage Warps constructed in the worlds rather than using the emergency Warps in the Sanctum.

this only applies to the black warp conduits and not the white/grey portal conduits, correct?

and as for the new meteorite system, will the loot be specific and/or randomized for each player such as when looting the corpse of a creature, or will it be limited to first come first serve (in the event of large party meteorite raids) ?

1 Like

Awesome!

Maybe switched it to a decayed version with some bones sticking out? Definitely needs to be something visual so you know which ones have been looted and which haven’t.

I’d say there’s something in the meteorite that tears open a rift, pulling in creatures in from other planets and spewing them out again at the impact site :wink:

2 Likes

Yes. Yes. Yes. :grin:

1 Like

Absolutely delicious update! :heart_eyes: Especially happy there’s a focus on combat and exploration/mining as these are my favorite activities in Boundless. :+1::+1:

Further to this, I feel events and even rare events bring much to the game. Hopefully in the future we can expect to have seasonal, server-wide events much like festivals they have in WoW for Summer, Winter, Halloween etc. IMO, this goes a long way in keeping the game from going stale in some respects.

I also hope more unique areas are coming in the future, specifically unique areas that may or may not be permanent as well as have some purpose to there existence beyond simply unique terrain. This can be simply more prefabs, but as I understand prefabs have a size restriction, so some sort of larger scale for unique areas may be required for this to work fully as I envision them. Personally, discovering unique and purposed areas and/or items very much encourages me to spend many hours exploring in search of such things. I know I’ve mentioned this in some form or another previously, but it’s really something I’d enjoy. :smiley:

Thanks for the update “Team Boundless”! :heart:

7 Likes

This is how the Oort re-seed life across the galaxy after the great extinction. It’s a complex process.

First, the life form’s life essence is replicated and condensed into a crystalline form. These crystals are sealed in to re-entry containers and blasted into space millennia ago before the cataclysm that scoured all life in the galaxy. Only in the last few years have conditions across the galaxy been right for these “life pods” to begin to land on habitable planets en mass. Naturally, having floated around in interstellar space for millennia have left the outsides burnt and stoney, with the transmat conduits (portal conduits) inside defective and damaged. Hence why the warps chaoticly spawn a large number of creatures at random around the impact site. Not all of the crystals inside are re-materialized though, which is what you retrieve from the cores of these meteorites.

Of course, that means that Oort shards are essentially soul stones. And you’re murdering them to portal to town just so you don’t have to walk. You monster.

10 Likes

Lol…a creative story if not actually based in actual game fiction. Good stuff either way!

4 Likes

Oh no, we’re gonna start seeing portal protests and hippies boycotting the use of these soul stones.
“you’re fueling your portals with your sister…man!”

and commercials going “every hour, hundreds of portals burn away at precious souls just so we can travel a little bit faster. Donate today, with as little as 2c a day, you too can help save a soul.”
images of oort shards with sad faces drawn on them with "Sarah McLachlan - In the arms of an angel " overlayed.

5 Likes

Ooooh, I wonder what this is that just fell from the sky…

:crazy_face::+1:

15 Likes

Oh wow this is so cool! Can’t wait to get on.

im so jelly :smile:

Hahah, stay on the test servers long enough and you’ll eventually see one :wink:

how long did it take to spot one ?

Please fix the balance ASAP with the meteor event. I really cannot believe that it went to testing with this setting:

A level 8 cannot take on 4 spitters, 2 hoppers, 1 cuttle, and 2 wildstock that will chase you forever and have the ability to shoot you farther than your copper slingbow can hit.

1 Like