Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

The way it reads to me is that elemental creatures are going to be significantly harder to kill and you’re going to see less on lower level planets which in turn means less elemental shards for the average player.

1 Like

We currently see them on level 1 & 2 worlds too, so it could just mean these ones. More clarification is needed though really

2 Likes

Exotic creatures are now less likely to appear on lower tier worlds.

It doesn’t mention elemental creature spawns being reduced, just exotic, the buffed ones. Being harder to kill might be true though, I haven’t tested it.

2 Likes

I would rather see rock and wood have alittle xp then both with none.

3 Likes

I have to admit it doesn’t say they will be harder to kill but it does suggest they will be able to kill us even easier.

The intention for the forge balance adjustments are:

• Introduce the new material gear so that it is harder to forge than the existing gear. This follows the pattern of the rest of the game where wood is easier to forge than metal which is easier to forge than gems. If the new materials were easy to forge then the advantage to the top end player would be too big greater and it would negate the extra challenge of the new worlds and creatures.
  • Keep the forging balance of all existing gear as close to the current balance as is possible.

Unfortunately because of the way the effectiveness formulas work putting flexibility values of five or ten on the current scale (where some gem gear is 25) did not produce the desired effect. So we’ve had to shift all the values for the existing gear, and rebalance so that we can set the new gear to flexibility of ten, and existing gear goes to values up to 150. That has worked fine, except for a bug when you forge gem gear with the forging epic we are seeing effectiveness values dropping more than intended. This will be fixed.

We would appreciate feedback on the results of forging the top end gear, and if it’s too hard we could consider a change; however, it is not the intention that this gear could ever reach the “perfect” state you mention because that would be OP. In our testing it feels about right as it is, but please look at how powerful the results of forging are, and tell us what you think.

8 Likes

New tiers of planets coming out and we’re worried about staring at crafting tables of rock for hours… Some of us can’t see the forest for the trees :sweat_smile:

“Hey guys I’m streaming some Boundless tonight! [montage of rock table crafting]”

11 Likes

Just tested it, 5/5/5/5 armor and resistances, health epic and 9 vitality, lvl 2 meteor on T4 world and I was dead at 50% without healing armed with a gold slingbow, switched to diamond at 50% health. In my defense the spawns were 80% elemental monsters so it was pretty much the worst case scenario :smiley: At least that indicates that elemental monsters still spawn in masses on lower level planets too.

I also did one lvl 2 on a T3 world and it was a lot easier, managed easily with a gold slingbow and the elemental monsters didn’t manage to get past armor so it should be ok. Harder on higher levels, but the lower ones shouldn’t be drastically different.

1 Like

I have another feed showing the results of forging the top gear and analyzing it. It’s called “Forging LOOKS BAD”.

1 Like

Sorry if this was asked above. how long will an Exo world be active before it leaves? The post makes it sound like it is only a hand full of hours? Since the last 30min it takes more resistance i mean.

Are these somewhere around the 6 hour mark? 24 hour mark? 72 hour mark? Less? More? Random?

Sorry just want to know if it is worth my time to map these via atlas. If the world is only active for 2hours is a definite No. 24 maybe worth the time. I was able to be on an exo on test for a little bit last night, but not super long and was able to map a region so I could better find the new resources. If they are up long enough I’m sure people will want to buy atlas’s so they can seek out the remaining hotspots.

anyway, I’m excited for the new stuff :smiley: a little sad about stone xp, but I’ll live.

2 Likes

3 days I believe was said

Err wait he said in 3 days he’d be able to test the atlas so 4 days they are around

@olliepurkiss @james

Can you please provide some developer insight on why the team feels it is ok to grant zero xp for a crafting activity (other than the wood totem as that requires no materials)?

Im really confused as to why it feels proper to ever award zero xp for an activity that requires time to collect the input ingredients.

Im one of the mid-game casual players (full time job and a family) that doesn’t get large amounts of playing time. Ive been playing since early access and I’ll admit my desire to play the game is going down with the amount of grind required to progress due to the nerfs since launch. The character I’m using for my current youtube series is early 20s and level progression is already feeling like it’s slow. I know that when I get to lvl 30 or so it’ll feel like it has all but stopped, taking multiple weeks or a couple months to get a level doesnt feel good to the player. For me, who has not abused the stone spamming method, it feels as if i’m being punished for others misdeeds.

Was there no better option to stop the abuse of a portion of the player base besides removing xp that low to mid level players need to progress? The rocks I gather are for building materials, and some low world tier tools. Yes, I still use stone tools periodically on t1 and t2 planets so I can save my copper and iron for the t3 and t4 planets.

Thanks for any information you can share on this.

7 Likes

Got the fix done, just need to wait for the next testing update

1 Like

Oh man it drives me nuts everytime i see it.

2 Likes

Add more hops. Find some friends. Create a partnership with another person to share footfall… Sell your portal network… don’t run a portal network… Add a lock to it and allow friends to do it… There are a million solutions to the simple “annoyance” of running around and double clicking to add fuel. In the larger scheme of things this is not too big of a deal for the “benefit” of having a perm portal. There are many more qol solutions needed in this game.

I didn’t test, but did anyone find a way to reset them? I suppose they could be memorabilia but I just assumed they’d go back to blank when the world dies. Shame to have lots of dud atlases knocking about, especially with a potentially large permanent planet roster if players pick the game up. People might end up spending coin on useless atlases without realising.

1 Like

That’s a dictionary definition but absolutely not the widely understood meaning amongst MMO players.

When the planet expires the atlas is supposed to go back to being blank. Which then means hopefully those atlas shops will start buying blank atlases so they can go fill em up with new planets.

5 Likes

Will be able to test in approximately …

3 Likes

Aha, thank you both!

1 Like