Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

But how is an alt different from a new skillpage? That’s the part I don’t understand.

2 Likes

I see your point.
I guess I see it as level 101 and so on.
Whereas you can start an alt at any level and advanced at an accelerated rate.

Edit: also worth bearing in mind that every level on a new skill page requires 200k XP. (50k for each skill point)

So, uh, enable the stone xp from lvl 101 onwards? :smiley: (joke)

Maybe if every level past 100 would grant 3x as much cubits as from level 50-100? That would help people farming plots on 1 character grind them more easily while still limiting getting mass exp on new characters

Have said this before but going to throw it out there one more time, This game was infinitely more fun in Early Access when every time you levelled up you got 5 skill points and and x amount of plots, cant remember the exact amount of plots gained but I do remember never being frustrated to the point of quitting the game.

Coffers and cubits killed it

11 Likes

I think the stone experience drop to 0 is a terrible idea. I understand there is an exploit used by seasoned players to level, but you should be thinking of the harm your doing to new players. Stone grinding was one of the things that helped a new player get along and have materials to build structures that were more refined than rock. I think new player retention will plummet in my opinion.

4 Likes

Early / new player retention is my concern as well. The only reasoning behind the is ‘fix’ I can think of outside of vets using it is they noticed a spike in its use from the recent free weekend. The player retention from that event was seemingly abysmal. Population rates seem to have settled just a hair higher than they were before the event.

2 Likes

You used to have 710 plots when hitting 50.
Now you have 9,060 cubits when hitting 50, which translate to 302 plots.

Post 50 you used to get 50 plots per level up, now you get 10.
:neutral_face:

6 Likes

Ouch. And apparently, it’s still too fast.

1 Like

I was looking for places to compensate with more xp today. I had a pre lvl 10 character on a T4 and tried to gather resources. The blocks on T4 and higher should award more than 2xp for gathering. I couldn’t hit them without putting skill points into power, and after that it took a lot of hits just to gather them.

1 Like

To be fair, it also took almost twice as much exp to hit 50 (6.4 mil, now it’s 3.3 mil).
And a post 50 level up took 495k exp, now it’s only 200k.
Also most activities grant more exp now then they used to.
So it should even out …

2 Likes

Excellent point! This is a perfect example of how partial sets of facts are bad, misleading and often lead to bad decisions.

1 Like

Also, and I know it does involve more work, but you can get more cubits & therefore plots overall now because we have a bigger possible character roster.

Which seems to be the real reason behind the stone nerf (and previously the bomb mining nerf) and once the stone nerf settles and people move to the next easiest way that will be nerfed as well.

It’s going to be a cycle.

1 Like

It reads on paper as though its all evenstevens but playing in game feels waaaay slower than EA.

5 Likes

Yeah I built this is EA during the last months of play

Including fountains, museum, pools, portals, storage workshops, and helping with some other group builds. In live I have built a storage room and workshop

8 Likes

Number of plots earned before the the introduction of Cubits and after were (and still are) identical.

3 Likes

It sure doesn’t feel that way, I had large builds on the go by lvl 20 in EA and I never made an Alt. If the numbers are the same then something else has gone askew to slow everything down, or at least make it feel as though its going much slower.

I know you stated that you wanted progression to slow down but I have to tell you its sucked the fun out of a great game.

@james Can I ask you a question without meaning to insult. Do you feel the Alt system has worked the way you intended? I know in the marketing of the game its all about choosing a class, having a career, working with others etc… but from my perspective any player who sticks around past level 20 is making multiple Alts in order to do everything themselves in game anyway. Which in turn is leading to frustrations with slow progression and the desire to find expoits to speed things up. This combined with the need/want for more plots is exacerbating the issue. I want the skills to build, I want the plots to build it, only thing I can do is make an Alt (which I dont want) to get it.

I personally feel its an unnecessary step to getting where we end up anyway, with the ability to do it all ourselves albeit very slowly and constantly switching character every few mins.

2 Likes

I wasn’t trying to look at everything from all cases. I was looking at the main theme and issue. Personally I have no issue for the open cost to go away. I don’t understand the need for it or see that it really brings anything to the game. So if this was removed that would solve the concern and allow people to close portals if on a vacation.

2 Likes

Not enough people talking about the BUFF to crafting from making stones instant craft, imo.

Time for bricks! :>

3 Likes