Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

fanbloomingtastic

3 Likes

Thank you.

Great adjustments that take into account feedback. Teaching food changes increases their use as well as making them great for extended activites and not just stone grinding. Exploration changes are amazing and should allow a player to level to 50 just by exploring, which I think is great. Overall these changes effectively fix this update.

2 Likes

The Explorers and I thank you!!!

THANK YOU!!
Thank you for listening. sorry our knee jerk reactions were so severe, but we can’t help it. we love this game!

:scream::partying_face::confetti_ball::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::man_dancing:

ahh ok. this is probably how they should have worked anyway. (70k? sounds a bit low but will try it out and see how it feels.) Definitely the right idea though, I am definitely on board with these decisions.

well, still gonna be a B> trying to pay for travelling to these worlds, but at least the xp to explore them will be worth it.
Thank you Devs!

5 Likes

From what I hear it is 2kish to totem to an exo. That is not much considering how much you can sell the resources you find. The terrain will make exploring them a game unto itseld.

Don’t worry bud. I got you when it comes to hitting the new exo world.

2 Likes

I love how this worked out. Got the dumb 1 xp for rock to stone back. Severely reduced the effectiveness of all teaching foods to nearly non existent. See, compromise :stuck_out_tongue:! Anyone else have any great ideas to balance the game??

I am also MUCH happier right now.

As a sort of bonus that has come from this dialog the additional buffs to foraging/gathering XP as well as exploring are huge, and definitely help with the feeling that you are wasting your time performing these activities.

Maybe we can get things tunes so that they are commercially viable as a source of leaves and fragments again, too.

Thank you for listening with the stones! A compromise we can all agree to. All the other xp values seem really good and really looking forward to that, will definitely take the time to explore more!

However, one big yes yes came with one big no no. I strongly oppose the teaching pie change. 70k seems like such a low number. But for the economy, I am sure it’s gonna do wonders.

@james Reading other replies here, could you expand and thoroughly explain how the teaching food would work?

1 Like

So if you are going to retrospectively give xp for regions already discovered, are you going to retrospectively remove xp for crafting rock to stone?

(ducks for cover!)

2 Likes

:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato:

Boooo !! :speaking_head::smile:

4 Likes

:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato:
booooo

4 Likes

Uh oh… I think you’re gonna have company…

AngryMob-01

3 Likes

My assumption is that anything that plots would carry over (paid cubits for) not ones that are earned by leveling. Also that any maybe “customized gear like Santa hat, etc” would be carried over.

Just curious… what if all existing players started at like level 10 or 20? Would that be ok?

2 Likes

The servers would probably burn out trying to recalculate and retroactively remove excess rock xp.

fire

yep sure would

1 Like

Great looking change log. Only real negative I see is having to compete with more players for that sweet surface resource xp. (Totally a good thing)

And are Oortstone tools not going to be a thing now?

Don’t think that would be the only thing to get burned out, Wonderstruck’s offices by a torch wielding mob of gamers comes to mind :open_mouth:

1 Like

I wouldn’t go that far. Maybe some Cherry Tomatoes in the mail though. With instructions on how to throw them at themselves. I’d also include Tomato patch notes saying, “We were going to enclose regular tomatoes but they were considered OP. So we nerfed them down to Cherry Tomatoes for balance. Thank you for your understanding” :joy:

6 Likes