Testing 22 - Report issues here

17:30 till 18:30 (EST). I quit the game for the moment because it was unplayable. @Saint_X didn’t had any problems at the same time.

2 Likes

Alright, I’ve found the culprit for my latency issues. I went ahead and turned every graphics option off or to the lowest setting and played with fullscreen on. I get a solid 60 fps and 40ms latency like this. I then started going through the list and turning everything back on/up and as soon as I hit per pixel lighting my FPS tanks and my latency goes up to over 1000ms. Exiting fullscreen and going with a small window size fixes the issue (less pixels to light). Game seems to run fine with per pixel lighting turned off.

what fps do you get with it turned on?
Also what hardware, especially gpu, are you using?

I typically get around 30 to 45 fps with it on and most of the time I actually don’t get any lag either. Here’s my computer specs. Let me know if you need anything else.

Terrible lagging and game stop working when i run into @michaelb

Result while game run unplayable in background.

Apologies for double post, thought I should do a little testing before posting. I am having some serious latency issues as well. Just been playing for two days now and sometimes :boundless: is showing several thousand millisecond latency. Rubberbanding has been on par with web version, sometimes worse (although that could just be my crappy memory) Adjusting graphics settings appears to have no affect for me. Using this thread I did a little troubleshooting:

I also ran ping for several minutes on gs-beta.playboundless.com as well as gs-testing.playboundless.com (kinda a shot on the dark for that one, but I assumed it’d be different for this latest release) Got between 40 and 70ms on both when i wasn’t loading new forum pages up heh. Might it be my upload spead? Let me know how I can help. And thanks for all the hard work you are putting in.

Edit:: I am going to double check some things on my end over the next day or two. I just want to make sure that there is nothing on my end screwing things up.

1 Like

Generally that spec looks ok, I actually use a 6800 at work, though generally turn reflections off. The large latency look network related.

Yes I saw the same kind of large spikes, eg >1000ms, and generally the latency was fluctuating by large amounts. I suspect network related but need to look at the info tomorrow.

1 Like

I guess that per pixel lighting is somehow exacerbating the network issues then. (Extra information being sent to/from the client?) It’s a pretty persistent drop in latency when I turn it off.

As a side note, soft coal and iron ore aren’t distinguishable when you are mining and per pixel lighting isn’t on since they use the same base texture. May want to look into changing that.

1 Like

If the frame rate is very low then it does slow the game down, eg 10fps would be 100ms. The ‘latency’ is really a max of latency time and frame time at the moment.

I agree coal is a bit hard to tell what it is at the moment.

When you light a white object with a blue light - the result is blue.

That aside, the lighting values will change significantly in future updates - this release didn’t contain any lighting balancing so far.

1 Like

idk if this is true yet but im going to test it out later today.

Try lvling your mining and see if you get your plots back up to its highest. Then lvl anything else to see if you lose plots.

Last night I noticed that when I lvled my building up my plots jumped from 30 to 21.

I did notice that my plots jumped back up when my mining leveled up. I have 17 now. I haven’t tried leveling anything else. I’ll see what happens when I do.

1 Like

@james I’ve the same problem that @Squidgy. Can you help me?

I’m going to bed now - but maybe someone else in the Boundless community can come help you get home! (Assuming you’re not talking about @Squidgy dodgy accent as his problem?)

1 Like

@james Are the servers down ?

No problem, rest well.

Looks like U.S. 1 might be down. I just got kicked out.

1 Like

Yes, down. I also think this (choosing worlds) should not be possible ?! …

1 Like

Hahahaha Grrrrrrrrrrr

@sr-cres which world are you on? I have the right gear to give you to warp to another world, but not enough coin. If you have 500 coin and are on world 1, I can help you out!

Otherwise another dev will hopefully help you.