Testing 224: Farming! (continued)

Not sure how accurate your numbers are. Assuming they are, I agree that something just a liiiittle bit closer to 1% would be nice.
How does Luck factor in those numbers?

Honestly, I’m still happy with what we got there, and I won’t complain (much).
At the very least, you have a chance to get yams while wailing on mud. So yeah, it might not be a good reason to farm mud anymore, but still.

I’m not sure I know what you mean. The price of the Exotic Earthyam is the player price too. In the end you have to ask yourself. What does it cost me to farm the Earthyams and what does it cost me to buy them. And you probably pick the cheaper method (I do).

If farming results in less Exotic Earthyams in the economy, the price might go up, increasing the pie prices. But regen farming could still be possible.

If farming results in the same amount or more Exotic Earthyams entering the economy, regen farming just doesn’t make sense.

1 SS of growth mints for 360c and you get 5 shimmering orbs on top of it! Regen farm growth and buy your Earthyam.

“yeah, no, I’m just observing how you’re doing in this challenge, trust me, just observering” snickers with his thumb hovering above the square button to open a ceiling lava trapdoor

3 Likes

These numbers are from @Pfiffel. He got them directly from the game. You can check them here:
http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/drops/

The drop rates I wrote down is including luck.

1 Like

Derivative or ‘alt-drops’ are/were intended to be ancillary to block mining, not a main source of the derivative resources, so the change makes sense at this level. Regen farming is not dead but is nerfed comparative to farming. If regen farming is still close, fewer people would be farming or developing the world. For the sake of consistency I think total time spent to achieve the same result is better vs. coin/market prices.

…and don’t give away our orb secrets. :cry:

1 Like

Well it looks ok for “tan” lighting to me. But in any case:

It would be helpful to see a like-for-like comparison.

I wish I had that many refined gold block on live. This is the closest I have :

1 Like

Amazing! Thank you for the balance changes. What a great update! I am so excited to do some farming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotta say, based on that comparison, I think gold in itself looks a much better colour. I always thought it looked too “yellow” – even if I do love yellow, I like gold looking like… gold! :stuck_out_tongue:

But it’s possible that the gleam is looking a bit dark because of how the game is controlling the exposure? Would have to see the location myself to work it out.

On testing, it’s right next to Stretchious’ place on Havran 1, under my build.
I gave the coordinates in screenshot thread, I think.

And yeah, I totally agree that I like the look of gold in testing FAAAAR more than on live. It actually looks like real gold.
But the gleam seems less glowy. Maybe it’s not the actual light it provides, and just its emissive texture. It kinda looks inert.

1 Like

Is that the same gleam colour? Tan again?

Light tan. And yes, same in both screenshots.

Quick question, the block drop changes only affect the farmables or has it been lowered for orbs etc as well?

Im guessing this means they only changed the Yams and Starberries drop chance on the regen farms. Though wondering what the drop rate % was changed to, was it towards the lowest end drop rate of 0.28% opal or the higher end drop rate of flint around 5.5%. Though i might be reading it all incorrectly, I’m not a math wizard.

It’s only farmables

1 Like

It’s an env-map (environment map) and it’s applied to all parts of lighting, not just ‘reflections’. Fully diffuse material even under pure ambient non-directional lighting still samples the env-map to modulate intensity of lighting reaching that pixel (in this case in the normal direction rather than reflected direction, and a heavily blurred version of it).it brings higher detailing to the lighting everywhere, though is yes most obvious in the smooth reflections

4 Likes

Who do I send that bottle to?

3 Likes

Also, this just proves to me that you guys do in fact listen and do so with thought. This and the soft rock nerf… I also dont feel that your pandering by making this change and expect balance changes to come regularly. Next time I get somebody saying that you guys dont listen or balance, they’re gonna get some facts from me.
Thanks a LOT,

PS: That water transparency is making me cry. Seriously who gets a bottle… And of what?

9 Likes

The water transparency is so beautiful! now all I ask is for water creatures so we can build public aquariums!

9 Likes

And then Rowing Boats and Fishing Rods! But especially the rowing boats.

Must. Have. Rowing. Boats!

6 Likes