Testing 224 forge crashing game

I was forging and on the first round of the forge process I clicked activate then immediately clicked cancel forging, having meant to click skip.

This caused boundless to freeze up and close. Crash reports were submitted.

A little later after logging in and doing some more forging, I went in to forge an item, clicked activate ont he first round, and immediately clicked “cancel forging” on purpose.

The forge froze. I closed it and re-opened it and my client crashed again. As soon as I post this i assume it will offer crash dumps again. I’ll submit them.

EDIT: yes crash dumps submitted within 1 minute of this post.

1 Like

What’s the name of the character at the time the crash occurred? Is it the same as your forum username?

No it’s “etoiledenuit”.

Sorry for the delay you caught me sleeping.

I am also having the same issue. Started a forge last night, now when I open it, the client crashes. It is reproducible, 5 or so crashes.

Crashdump:
https://pastebin.com/NVgerQaE

Edit: Breaking the forge is a work around. You do get the forged items (I’m assuming as long as they’ve had enough time to cook)

I crashed 4 times today. Never when I was farming or working with the new fluids. Once I was just standing there the other times I was building. I did submit the crash logs. I was on Havlan I

I have never crashed in the live game in almost 2 years

Were you all crafting single or multiple items?

I continue to experience crashes on the test planets. I am submitting the logs every time. I have never been crafting when this happened. I have been building, tilling, standing around, and sorting items into storage when it happens. I cannot figure out anything that is consistent as far as when I crash. I can be alone or with other players and I am the only one crashing. I have never had a problem immediately re-entering the game and start back where I crashed.

Edit:
I had another crash this morning. I am using a different PC on a different network, different internet provider. I did submit the log

I’ve had a few crashes as well - same planet as Kal-el. Crash dumps submittied. Some of the time it’s crashed when I haven’t even started playing yet and not sat at the computer. Possibly being kicked out when my Windows screensaver comes on? Other times, I’ve not been doing anything - just standing in one place and looking around (no machines/crafting running).

I crashed again. Same PC as before and both times I had just entered the planet from Sanctum.

@Kal-El and @Stretchious, I got an engineer to look at the crash dumps and it seems they are not related to the original issue about forging. Nevertheless they are still crashes, so thanks for submitting those. These have been added to the bug database.

@Nightstar and @Vomgnar, to follow up on the previous comment, what were the exact items used during the forging process?

I don’t have a solid answer for this.

I forged a variety of lucent and gem items to use while I was exploring on test. Items included sapphire tools (all three types), rift bombs, umbris bombs, a wayfarer’s totem, umbris grapples and a ruby axe. I believe I was working on the rift damage bombs the first time, but can’t be certain. The second time I just logged in, tossed in a random item, and reproduced the crash.

I did try to log in and reproduce this again today and it’s not happening. I tried with a spanner, a bag of rift bombs, an iron chisel, and a wayfarer’s totem. I also tried with 2 bags of bombs in case that was related, and also while another item was setting. No dice.

If I can hit cancel before the vigor is deducted the forge cancels cleanly, if the vigor is deducted the cancel button disables.

I did a few more things before hitting ‘reply’ here and did manage to crash the forge as follows:

Forge an iron chisel with three boons and set it. Forged two bags of rift bombs with three boons and set them. Canceled the iron chisel from the forge queue and without removing it from the forge began a new forging session. Began forging it and applied an effect paste, canceling before the vigor deduction. At this point the forge crashed and took the game with it.

More crash dumps submitted. I hope it’s helpful I may try to reproduce with fewer steps again, or without an additional item in the forge queue.

I didn’t have any crashes before I did start playing with inorganic plants and placeable lava for it.
After that I did also set first crafting machines outside of forge and game have been crashing on testing quite often.

Usually client crashes when I am on my plot afk for a while.

I have sent crash logs when game client has given me option to do it.