Testing 224: Manipulating queue of different color items is not updating visual

I set mass crafting rocks → stone in crafting table.
I set different color rocks to queue, and used “Send item to top feature” but Queue order is not updating until I did cancel current craft.

Clicking send item to top, not updating queue

Canceling current crafting, it has updated crafting queue and start item that was sent top

Waiting previous craft to finish don’t change order, even that item has sent top. This happens only with same type of items, (seem to ignore colour properties) Sending top different item works as expected. Tested only on crafting table, probably same problem with other machines.

I have noticed that this happens on Live too, even with other items such as decorative poles and beams. Seems to have something to do with the item already at the top of the queue being same type as you say, ignoring colour information.

It hadn’t really been on my mind lately to make a post about it, but thought I’d just mention the above.

I was also thinking could this be on live, been just testing stuff on testing server and run on this when I was checking new queue listing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is partly intentional, as james has indicated that the color shown in the preview icon is not actually indicative of the color of the item that will be produced.

It’s in place as a protective measure against people easily gaming the random color selection when items of different colors are processed together.

DEFINITELY not saying I like this, but I’ll spend a couple minutes and see if I can find the quote.

More discussion here: