Testing 24: Trading with the dead, fixes and more!

This update is accessible via the Steam Beta “Testing” release of Boundless.

The release will be accessible as “Testing” until the end of the week, whilst we resolve issues with the playing community. When this additional polish is complete the release will be promoted to Steam “Live” for all players.

Please report all issues discovered with the update to this support thread.

Release Notes:

• Art:
    • New Totem asset.
    • Fossil Extract has the wrong mesh.
  • Crafting + Resources:
    • Fixed a server crash when players die while interacting with something.
    • Fixed a server crash when trading with a dead player.
    • Handcrafting recipes added to the crafting table.
    • Warp Conduit is now crafted from rock and not stones. [Updated.]
    • When breaking a crafting table the contents should drop.
  • HUD + GUI:
    • Fixed server crash from manipulating inventory.
  • Bug fixes:
    • Ammo is no longer lost when the Slingbow’s durability has been fully depleted.
    • Cannot remove blocks inside beacons if the beacon control block is removed first.
    • Mining experience should not increase from picking up player-placed blocks.
    • Position of beacons are not always the same on a different day.

Resolved Known Issues:

The following items were known issues in previous releases and have now been resolved.

• The character will be standing still when running sideways.
  • The LODs on the tool models are oriented differently in storage.

Known Issues:

The following items are known issues in this release.

• Cannot ‘drop’ items from [Workbench Ingredients] and [Completed Items] lists.
  • Pushing [P] button rapidly crashes the client.
  • Some items in player hands in 3rd person view are huge (e.g. Power Core).
  • Some of the items are not positioned in the hand correctly when the players are seen in 3rd person view.
  • Some of the items displayed in the inventory screen are not positioned correctly.
  • Sometimes the animation for left handed tools do not swing continuously.
  • The recipes are not final.
  • Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.
13 Likes

So many testing updates :smiley:

Is a beacon control now hand craftable with raw materials?

1 Like

You still need a workbench.

Are we able to play on the testing server? I might have set it up before when seeing a post about it, but for some reason I don’t remember.

Getting it ready before we move the testing version to the live (main) version. So any help finding these bugs so we can squash them is very much appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have access to the testing version you should be able to play it.

1. Right Click on Boundless in Steam
  2. Select properties
  3. In the window select Betas
  4. In the drop down choose testing
  5. Update the game
  6. Play the game

Okay thank you for verifying this with me. I thought that is all I had to do but I was not sure. Thanks!

1 Like

I seen this few days ago and it happen again today (but it could be a problem from my computer) sometimes when i’m swimming forward i couldn’t move the camera to the left side with the keyboard. It works normally for the right side or when i stop moving forward.

Not sure it could be reproduce and as i said it’s maybe due to my computer.

edit : sorry i just saw i’m on the wrong topic

Looking for some dynamics Shadows, some day.
Music is awesome !
And i dont know its problem in boundless or nvidia, but i cant use "alt+f9 or f10 " to start recording, can you look at it ?

I do not know if this is intended.

I connected my machines with pipes, but only the 2 closest machine get spark, so i have to tear down and rearrange my machine-park when i want to use another.

Edit:
Sorry, i just saw i am in wrong tread,

2 Likes

The piping has to lead directly to each machine. It can’t pass through other machines at the moment at least. Try running the pipes behind or under the machines.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks.

Is there a way to get back to the US1 because i’m still stuck on US3.

You can now craft warp conduit with rocks and timber and then once you’ve created a warp you should be able to travel back home to your saved locations

1 Like