Testing 245: english.msgpack issues

Hey guys,

Just been peeking though the updated/currently in testing english.msgpack and have come across a couple things I thought I’d point out:

"GUI_ACHIEVEMENT_EXPLORER_WARP_TIER_2_SUMMARY": "You've made and travelled through your first Warp Conduits and now it's time to put your new found travelling skills to the test on more forbidding Worlds  First you'll need to travel to a less hospitable World and Save a Location (or Build a Beacon if you wish), you'll then be able to build a Warp Conduit and travel back to that Location whenever you want to.",

is being changed to:

"GUI_ACHIEVEMENT_EXPLORER_WARP_TIER_2_SUMMARY": "The Centraforge is a highly Advanced Machine which allows Citizens to customise their Tools and Weapons with unique Traits. It has its very own special set of Ingredients that cannot be used anywhere else. You'll need to Craft your Centraforge Ingredients in other Machines before you can use them in the Forging Process, each one will affect Gear Forging in a different way. Don't despair! You can see what each Ingredient does by rolling over it in the Centraforge Ingredients Deck.",

I cannot imagine that this was intentional as it’s clearly wrong.

Next up:

"GUI_FORGE_ROUND_BUTTON_BREAK_RISK_SUBTITLE": "(Next Round could break Item)",

Is being changed to

"GUI_FORGE_ROUND_BUTTON_BREAK_RISK_SUBTITLE": "(Next Round will break Item)",

Unless a change is being made to the forge (which I haven’t seen), this seems inaccurate.
For starters, this message pops up if you have Protection Paste 2 active, even if you have between 55 and 110 stability (not possible to break an item on this roll).
Next, if you have, for example, 105 stability and use an ingredient that takes 100-110 stability, there’s still a chance it may not break the item.
This change just seems misleading at best, blatantly wrong at worst.

2 Likes

Looks like we had some Text export issues, will try and get those fixes ASAP, no changes have been made to forging

3 Likes

Did you also test this out in game as well?

Normally, activating a round that takes Stability into a negative value will rightly display the message as expected:

Adding Protection Paste adds the buff:

And yet, despite the buff being added, the message is still being displayed, as you have mentioned:

By confirming yes, the item doesn’t disintegrate, which renders the previous message invalid:

So yes, there is a bug here.