Testing 249: Skill Points still shared between pages

The patch notes for 249.0 say the following:

• Skill points are now no longer shared between skill pages. Meaning the player can spend their max points in each page.

However this is not the case.
If I spend points on page 1, my total points is still decreased for every other page.

5 Likes

Screenshots (character Angellus on testing).

I have 494 skill points that are shared between pages, rather than 359 that are not shared.

1 Like

Did you use an existing or new character?

I used an existing character on test and the points were still shared (I’ve not tested on a new character yet though).

I created a new character to test with and points do not work on additional pages

I mean, I think that would not matter. The “existing character experience” is what really matters for me (and probably most players with level 50+ characters). I do not want to make a new character and grind my ~100 levels of exp again after this update goes live. Haha. It working on existing character is probably more important then new characters.

1 Like

True enough, but if it works on one, but not the other then it could potentially help narrow down any issues and get them resolved, which is why I asked.

3 Likes

Very fair point.

Thats strange because ny new testing account/character has the points shared accross pages

The entire point is that they’re no longer meant to be shared. If you have 10 points, each page should have 10 points available.

I’ve tested with both an old and new character and both of them had the points shared between pages.

This should be changed to function as the patch notes mentioned in an upcoming update to testing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can verify this issue. I have created a new character in the test environment and started it on a new planet with level 0, went through the tutorial (until about level 6). I then used the cheat pie to reach level 117 giving me 234 skill points (this is the current equivalent to my real avatars).
I assigned all skillpoints to the single skill page until I had left 0 skill points to assign and then confirmed this selection. As next step I used a few cubits to add a 2nd skill page, called up the character dialog and activated that new skill page. The dialog shows an empty skill page and 0 (Zero) skill points available to assign and any clicking into attribute fields yields nothing. So far, I do not see any change to the behaviour of the current real release, where I have to gather skill points from scratch and assign each page individually. With the new version this would mean to restart again??? (regardless from the known fact that we do not need such additional pages anymore ?!).
I believe that the given statement in the annoucement needs clarification what really will be implemented.

@Kurokaze - already addressed in the answer above. Every skill points earned will be available for all skill pages at the same time, it’s just not available on the test release yet.

2 Likes