Testing 25 - Report issues here

New bug. Crafting stone tools at a crafting table doesn’t seem to show the actual amount of stones you have.

As seen here, I have a fair number of stones:

But I can only ever get the amount shown to be 21:

similar to issue found here

Maybe its pulling numbers from the smallest stack? Still odd.

Smallest stack is 56, so nope :frowning:

This is what I’m trying to explain here Testing 24 - Report issues here :sob:

My b, good catch.

I just had 2 machined iron vanish from my inventory. It was in a stack with my machined copper, and now it’s gone.

That answer is bit too easy to me. If we talk about items displayed on shelves, machines, so on I am with you. But on plinths I want to see from far if it’s worth to have a look or if there is even an item set up, before running over there. I think plinths in many ways need individual treatment.

Thanks everyone. All issues and feedback reported in our bug database.

Can you remember what you did before this occurred? If you can list some steps to reproduce then we can check it out to see if we can get it to happen.

Villagers can break the plinth and take everything in it anyway, so it doesn’t seem worth locking them out of the shopkeeper interface of the plinth. Is there a particular use case you’re interested in? What would be your expectation?

It takes me a few tries of pressing E to get into the correct menu either for crafting or using furnace. It goes to the inventory alot first.

Also, did you right click to check if it’s really gone?

I was playing around on the server this morning. I noticed I would get some crazy lag when interacting with the furnace and crafting station. I would just spike then once I was done interacting it would go away.

I see. Does a lock prevent this behavior? You see, even among my closest friends and family, I still have a certain expectation of privacy regarding certain things, just as I do in game with strangers. Plinths especially should be by default private. Doors, shelves, and machines should be lockable.
When I told other players in game that adding villagers to one’s beacon gave them unrestricted access to their plinths, everybody dropped all villagers from their beacons. Now our “village” is a collection of closely placed beacons with no shared spaces.
I feel that by default, plinths should be private to the placer, then allow you to manually add other players to each plinth of you choose. You would not want a competitive shop keeper getting added to your villagers list by your mayor without you knowing, then emptying your shelves and taking your coin.
Especially in a game where economy may determine the rating of a guild or capital as was suggested in the past.

3 Likes

Assuming that it does, I really don’t have any objections to how the current system works.
“Adding a villager” grants a player rights to your beacon and everything within it. If you want further separations within the access rights you should use a lock.
Provided that

• Locks can’t be removed by all villagers but only the ones with access to the lock itself.
  • Locked props can only be removed by players that have rights to the corresponding lock.

(havn’t been able to mess around with other players locks so far, so dunno if this rules already apply or if I made a suggestion :smile:)

1 Like

I’m with you here. If I make a person a villager, I feel like wanting to share space with him. Wanting to build houses, shops, infrastructure. What I don’t want to share is every valuable ressource. If I can prevent him from taking “my” materials with a lock, I’m okay with the system. Same goes for coin. If I am willing to pledge my coins to common goals, I want to choose how much. Since a plinth makes me earn money, I don’t want others to have access to my plinth. If plinths stay cheap as they are now, I don’t see any need of sharing plinths.

Furthermore I maybe also want to trade with villagers. Why should I exclude so many potential customers, just because I want to build with them?

I see there is a conflict, since a villager should be able to change your “builds” if necessary. But maybe everything that can contain items should be excluded (if they are locked). Plinths should be locked automatically then as @Havok40k proposed.

2 Likes

I had activated my workbench, and was moving things around and collapsing things into groups. And I think a severe lag spike hit because a lot of what I had just done started to ruberband back into my inventory and to the slots for the workbench. Then my machined iron showed up outside of the collapsed group with the copper, so I tried to put it back in. Then the group window opened and it showed almost as if I had another group mesh inside that group. And then everything started to ruberband again, and when it finally stopped the machined copper was by itself and the machined iron was no longer in either my inventory or the workbench inventory.

My only guess as to what happened is the lag spike caused a loss in data and the machined iron just got displaced and lost?

When you save a location. It appears to be one block too low. This results in your warp being half in the ground when you attempt to warp back. The game will compensate for this and raise you up but the portals look bad and it can cause you to be placed on higher terrain than intended. The blue section of the portal in the images is under the ground.

3 Likes