Testing 28: Spawning, Shovels and more!

This update is accessible via the Steam Beta “Testing” release of Boundless.

This is the last “Testing” release. Assume we find no critical issues the build will be promoted to Steam “Live” for all players.

Please report all issues discovered with the update to this support thread.

Release Notes:

• Art:
    • Final shovel models added and now positioned correctly in the hand and GUI.
    • Increased local planets size and texture detail.
  • Crafting:
    • Conduit blocks can now be broken by any tool.
  • Creatures:
    • Fixed creature flinching. Creatures are a lot more capable in combat!
  • GUI + HUD:
    • Fixed inventory bug where soil collections would sometimes be represented by a beacon control block
    • Corrected GUI display count of number of recipe input items available
  • Player Spawning:
    • The first time running the game, players will be given a choice of geographical region to initially spawn in, once in this region it will a challenge to get to other geographical regions in-game, so choose wisely.

Known Issues:

The following items are known issues in this release.

• Planet textures are duplicated as we have changed their resolution without rebuilding them which would be expensive. We decided it wasn’t worth doing as the Live release will have a new set of worlds.
  • Some of the items displayed in the inventory screen are not positioned correctly.
  • Some of the items are not positioned in the hand correctly when the players are seen in 3rd person view.
  • Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.
  • The recipes are not final.
  • Some items in player hands in 3rd person view are huge (e.g. Power Core).
  • Sometimes the animation for left handed tools do not swing continuously.
  • Occasional crash after choosing to join client from World Builder.
  • New players will sometimes spawn in deep caves.
15 Likes

Can confirm. Should not engage spitters in melee with only half health. Lesson learned.

9 Likes

Exactly how large are planets, I assume that they range in size but what would be the smallest, average and largest planet be like? How long would it typically take to go in one direction on the map and return to the same place using all the tools you have available?

1 Like

Wow, updates for days on end.

Do I have to switch my options in steam from testing to live now, if I want that update on my live version? Or is it not up yet? @james

Because since 2 days my steam didn’t update Boundless i think…

We’ll post an announcement once Live.

If you see a goat you hit wiht a shovel shovel shovel