Testing [cplusplus] 1: Initial C++ build of Boundless

Nope there is non.

Shame because we don’t even have regenerating worlds yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wow noticed this just like minute ago lmao thank you :smiley:

yea i am concerned we are all going to deplete the resources quickly :worried:

Deplete the ressources? highly unlikely. Do we have to go farther and farther to get them? Yes^^

3 Likes

yea, just was wondering how big the worlds are…couple of players were saying they are small? (if not then awesome! i really love the palm tree leaves and the orange tree bark) :smiley:

3 Likes

Speaking of small worlds, do we have wrapping worlds yet, in the C++ update?

Each work is ~4k x 4k; and let’s conservatively say there’s an average of 50 blocks vertically at each coordinate. That gives us ~800,000,000 blocks per world

That should tide us over until regeneration hits :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“Water level” is at about 80, so well over 1 billion. 4 worlds, too. My home is about 1k away from capital and I have not even seen another player or build within several minutes walking distance in any direction.

2 Likes

Not yet as far as I know… I hit the edge when the C++ version was first launched. Might have changed since though!

Okay. Still excited for them though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@James it would be nice to know what’s the size of the initial worlds. And what the size of futures worlds will be? Just to kill the curiosity and make us know how much space we can expect.

1 Like

These testing worlds are 4km x 4km (or 256 x 256 chunks).

When it comes to the 1.0 works I think we’re still working out the suitable sizes. For me, the main question is about player density. How many players do we want per world and how much green-belt space should they have? This density coupled with the # of concurrent players each server can support will ultimately drive the size of the worlds.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

A nice scenario for me would be a size in which I can see large unused areas even with many players on a server. It would be nice to see “city-like-accumulations” and here or there some farms or houses between them. That would be my favourite scenario…

2 Likes

Wow, the C++ version is a nice update. But I am having a couple issues.
1: How the heck do you craft? Haha. Nothing that worked in the JavaScript version is working here.
2: There are no sounds when mining or picking up items. Is this just a problem on my end?
3: Why does the stone shovel mine trees faster than the axe?

Here is a running list of the current recipes: C++ Recipes

At the moment, the devs have prioritized getting a stable system and engine over the interactions of the game play. Those are the easier to correct. Be patient, they’ll get it all cleaned up soon.

Try this site from @Stretchious.
http://boundlesscrafting.com/cplusplus

1 Like

I’ve pinned the topic just for easy findings.