Testing [cplusplus] 8: A civilisation has been wiped out!

Thank you for that fast reply :smile:.

World regen has been working quite nicely.

I started clearing space for my house 2 nights ago, and farmed a load of stone from the surrounding area, last night they had all returned, so I farmed them all again :smiley:

My house is nice and protected (luckily, otherwise I would have a couple of mounds of stone in my new living room!)

2 Likes

Do trees regenerate to their originial state or is it allready implemented that they are seeded otherwhere on the world when chopped down? (as planned in a topic loooooooooooooooooooong ago ^^)

Trees regenerate to their original state.

(Growing trees will be part of a more complete farming extension in the future. See @olliepurkiss comments here.)

The current worlds contain some badly generated trees - this issue still needs resolving and will hopefully happen as part of the WB update.

4 Likes

ok, thx for the answer. I hope I will find the time to work arround with the WB then as well, cuz making some cool stuff for the game can be sooooo exiting ^^

Speaking of farming, can the trees or any plant that grows tall be protected automatically within the beacon space without the need to put the beacons like maybe 2 or 3 squares stack to prevent it from being taken by players or world regen. So if a plant I put in the ground that’s in my beacon space will be safe even when it grows out of the beacon square space I’ve put in. Just wondering.

Not at the moment. Everything in a beacon is consider inside and protected. Everything outside is considered outside and exposed to the universal regeneration rules.

FYI - we spent a great deal of time debating and exploring different styles of beacon (squares, columns, partial columns, large voxels, large voxels with reserved columns) and ultimately the current “large voxel” approach gives players the flexibility to protect their domain and not enforce a structure shape to maximise beacon utilisation. Whilst some complain about the discrete configuration of the large voxels (on a grid of 8) but we believe that this is a balance between collaborative building (where your beacons can touch others cleanly) and building flexibility + fidelity.

We have considered changing the grid from 8 to 4. But 8 remains our preferred resolution.

6 Likes

The dualshock 4 support was just for me wasnt it? I always use my controller!!! Thx!

3 Likes

I can confirm it was. :thumbsup: Honest.

5 Likes