[TESTING] Wild crop respawn times

I emptied an area of Tuber Plants (the raw earthyam plants) two days ago and they still haven’t respawned. How are these resources going to be renewed? How does it work? I thought they’re part of the normal regen, but it seems different.

1 Like

Maybe someone has walked there ?

That just pauses regen until the player leaves the chunk.

This might be a bug as the generation is newly added to the worlds and there could be issues with it not properly regening. If i have to re-gather seeds for every harvest those seeds should be pretty plentiful XD

3 Likes

Yes but how many people are running through and everything? Also I’m not sure “distribution of resources” is only on a chunk basis like we have in normal resources like iron. We need to find that out…

Not many on test servers, so there isn’t an army standing in the area. And running through adds just a few seconds to the normal regen time so that shouldn’t be the cause.

The area in question is still empty, so the regen must be either bugged or the algorithm is different.

edit: My crops aren’t ticking anymore either, all crops still in the same growth stage as 12+ hours ago. I think there’s a problem somewhere.

I will have to agree I have some crops that are still sparsely mature after two days. I have others that seem to all mature as they should. The Kranut seems to be where I ma having the most issues as it was planted two days ago. My in-organic seem to be growing pretty slowly with the Combustion doing better than the Kindling even thought the kindling is closer to the ancient corruption.

We shall see what happens today.

The crops grew after giving it 15min or so, that was probably just the servers being slow. The inorganics are really picky about their surroundings. Planting them on rock is sure way to get them to stop growing. But wild crops still haven’t respawned.

Sorry I misread your post… . I had not gone looking for wild after going after yam seeds yesterday. Sorry about that.

What soil type did you use for the kranut? It just said tilled soil in the tool tip but didn’t say whether it should be silty, peat or clay … I’ve planted some in all three types but won’t be able to check on them until this evening.

I used tilled Silty Soil

1 Like

That’s what I Initially used but then thought I might as well try some in the other types just to see if there was any difference.

I just checked this to confirm it works as we might expect; there’s no difference with each soil for Kranut, it is happy with all of them.

All same yields, same layouts, only difference being soil.

3 Likes

Good to know :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for checking

2 Likes